First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
Based on what I saw....the Bronco sport I saw today leaves a lot to be desired. I was underwhelmed. I think the competition is good for Jeep but I was honestly let down looking at it. I looked like all the other Import SUV out there.
Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I like it for the fact that it isn’t just another boring crossover, but I kinda wish someone would come out with a Suzuki Samurai or Geo Tracker type vehicle with a removable top. That would be awesome!
LOL! Geo Tracker haven't heard that name in a while. Unfortunately we could only afford the Geo Metro. Learned to drive a clutch on it, with that 55HP engine and cable driven clutch it would stall at the blink of an eye. I had a friend with a Tracker and he could make it backfire on command. Good times..... Back when automobiles were fun.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
LOL! Geo Tracker haven't heard that name in a while. Unfortunately we could only afford the Geo Metro. Learned to drive a clutch on it, with that 55HP engine and cable driven clutch it would stall at the blink of an eye. I had a friend with a Tracker and he could make it backfire on command. Good times..... Back when automobiles were fun.
At my Walmart, I always see an old red one that’s an absolute shit-box. :CWL:

It’s really a nice little truck. Like I said, I would really love to see something like that again.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At my Walmart, I always see an old red one that’s an absolute shit-box. :CWL:

It’s really a nice little truck. Like I said, I would really love to see something like that again.
Sad to see that the love of the automobile is fading away. A friend of mine laughed when I bought a Jeep and told me that I'll be working on it all the time. I said "great! I love working on cars". Last night I was stoked to know I can still twist a crankshaft pulley bolt off of a Honda Odyssey with hand tools. Every shade tree mechanic takes a pic when they get one of these off.

Geo vehicles were easy to work on and fun to drive. Luckily a Wrangler 6MT is about the closest that we can get to a time machine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today 225A8A98-B686-4D3B-984A-402700F101F2_1_105_c

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Sad to see that the love of the automobile is fading away. A friend of mine laughed when I bought a Jeep and told me that I'll be working on it all the time. I said "great! I love working on cars". Last night I was stoked to know I can still twist a crankshaft pulley bolt off of a Honda Odyssey with hand tools. Every shade tree mechanic takes a pic when they get one of these off.

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today 225A8A98-B686-4D3B-984A-402700F101F2_1_105_c
That picture lives in infamy with the story of the lost 10 MM socket. :CWL:

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
The Bronco Sport, built in Mexico, would probably be more competition for something like a Jeep Compass.
The full size Bronco will be built in Michigan and will be able to compete against the Wrangler in many off-road situations.

Having a competitor trying to take away Jeep sales should be good for the consumer. But cost probably won't be one area that will be a positive. Fords have been expensive for years and I don't see that changing in the future.

Might see some added off road capability to keep up with the Bronco such as larger tires but that capability won't come cheap. Should be fun regardless.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That picture lives in infamy with the story of the lost 10 MM socket. :CWL:
If I'm stuck on a desert island with a Honda and can only have one tool, I'll take a 10mm socket. You can take half of a Civic apart with a 10mm socket.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
I agree with you. I've seen a couple and to me they just look like the Escapes from the mid-00's.

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. I've seen a couple and to me they just look like the Escapes from the mid-00's.
Sad to see that Ford has disgraced the Bronco name by adding the term "Sport" to it. The real new bronco doesn't compare to the old one....... Ford should have dropped a 302 in it or something.

This whole Bronco vs. Bronco Sport thing is silly, could you imagine if Jeep called the Compass the "Wrangler Sport". I own a Wrangler Sport, and it is much more capable than a Bronco Sport.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Based on what I saw....the Bronco sport I saw today leaves a lot to be desired. I was underwhelmed. I think the competition is good for Jeep but I was honestly let down looking at it. I looked like all the other Import SUV out there.
I saw a few up close at the dealer, I don't think it's bad for the market it's aimed at. Reminded me a little of the original Escape, and I'm guessing they will sell a ton of them. It's not competition for the Wrangler, but will be cross-shopped by Renegade shoppers I'm sure.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I saw a few up close at the dealer, I don't think it's bad for the market it's aimed at. Reminded me a little of the original Escape, and I'm guessing they will sell a ton of them. It's not competition for the Wrangler, but will be cross-shopped by Renegade shoppers I'm sure.
They both looked like they were designed by Mamie Eisenhower and built by Frigidaire.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
There is one here driving around the tri-cities, WA area as well. Pretty blah.

Interestingly, Google has this current 3D viewer of the '21 bronco sport, but this is nothing like the poo the real ones look like.

https://arvr.google.com/scene-viewe...es/ZMf1KfxkXHYN54CmBnKRvC7.png%2522%257D%255D

The 3D viewer thing appears to be the Sport render thst everyone had wished they made the sport to be- basically a mini of the grownup bronco...
Sponsored