multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sad to see that Ford has disgraced the Bronco name by adding the term "Sport" to it. The real new bronco doesn't compare to the old one....... Ford should have dropped a 302 in it or something.

This whole Bronco vs. Bronco Sport thing is silly, could you imagine if Jeep called the Compass the "Wrangler Sport". I own a Wrangler Sport, and it is much more capable than a Bronco Sport.
Kinda like what Ford is doing to an even more legendary nameplate, starts with an “M”..... what was it again? Oh yeah—-

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today BC046945-9BD4-4CAD-B7C6-8B2B95AD74FB

The Mondeo! They’re discontinuing it in 2022. WTF Ford?
Sponsored

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
LOL! Geo Tracker haven't heard that name in a while. Unfortunately we could only afford the Geo Metro. Learned to drive a clutch on it, with that 55HP engine and cable driven clutch it would stall at the blink of an eye. I had a friend with a Tracker and he could make it backfire on command. Good times..... Back when automobiles were fun.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Kinda like what Ford is doing to an even more legendary nameplate, starts with an “M”..... what was it again? Oh yeah—-

Jeep Wrangler JL Saw a bronco sport in the wild today BC046945-9BD4-4CAD-B7C6-8B2B95AD74FB

The Mondeo! They’re discontinuing it in 2022. WTF Ford?
The current Mondeo is nothing like the previous Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique. It’s a Fusion which is a notably larger car than the first generation Mondeo. Ford does not appear to be making anything other than trucks and SUVs these days.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
The Bronco Sport is a Ford Escape they tried to rugged-ize.
They are all over the place in Atlanta. And I would hesitate to even use the term "rugged-ize". It literally looks a slightly boxier Escape. First glance I thought it was just the new model Escape.

That said, it'll be a hit with soccer moms, 16 year olds, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
There are a handful of Bronco Sports at our local dealer, as well as a few of those new Mustang Mach E electric SUV's. The Bronco really comes across as just a re-badged Ford Escape, and the Mustang Mach E is just odd. I'm sure it will look "normal" after we start seeing a bunch of them in the wild, but for now it just looks odd. It looks like a new style SUV, but then you see that huge Mustang horse on the front end and you go "Whaaaa . . ."

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Placing yourself into a CUV mindset, I like the looks of it. I prefer boxy styling so the styling is up my alley. The interior I am not so sure about, I would have to actually sit in one to have more of an opinion.

It's funny someone mentioned early 2000s Escape, because I like that styling too, much more than a current Escape.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
While, us, the niche 1%er on this forum ridicule car manufacturers why they don’t dedicate their entire line ups to please us, the 1%.

Meanwhile Ford marketing team conducted full analysis on the segment and target their strategy for the rest 99% of the market and laughing their way to the banks.

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I second what @Arterius2 said. The Bronco Sport isn't designed to take on the Wrangler...the Bronco coming out later this year though........

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Based on what I saw....the Bronco sport I saw today leaves a lot to be desired. I was underwhelmed. I think the competition is good for Jeep but I was honestly let down looking at it. I looked like all the other Import SUV out there.
Considering as how the Bronco Sport is a competitor in the small cross over world i think it looks pretty damn good. Nice squared off edges, it looks like an old Freelander. Ford deff did better at designing that than Jeep did with the Compass or Cherokee.

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
They are all over the place in Atlanta. And I would hesitate to even use the term "rugged-ize". It literally looks a slightly boxier Escape. First glance I thought it was just the new model Escape.

That said, it'll be a hit with soccer moms, 16 year olds, and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
Cause the Wrangler isnt a hit with soccer moms and Rent a Car places near the ocean?

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
While, us, the niche 1%er on this forum ridicule car manufacturers why they don’t dedicate their entire line ups to please us, the 1%.

Meanwhile Ford marketing team conducted full analysis on the segment and target their strategy for the rest 99% of the market and laughing their way to the banks.
My post wasn't ridiculing any manufacturer. Ford is hyping this...I saw one... it looked like all the other Kia/import SUV's with the new grill. I'm not the target market or demographic...and quite honestly for me it was a let down...if they laugh their way to the bank remains to be seen...market analysis or not.

The whole "sport" thing mirrors Land Rover marketing...a lower priced sport version....leading into the full size model. Discovery Sport/Discovery, Range Rover Sport/Range Rover. It can work to gain the inital buy in...then move the buyer up. Ford experienced this whern they owned Land Rover/Jaguar several years back. Ford's issue will be price and these will be fleet sales queens once folks cross shop and find "Hamster mobiles" at a lower entry point. The full size bronco however will be another story once its out there...but this is all just my opinion...LOL

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
My post wasn't ridiculing any manufacturer. Ford is hyping this...I saw one... it looked like all the other Kia/import SUV's with the new grill. I'm not the target market or demographic...and quite honestly for me it was a let down...if they laugh their way to the bank remains to be seen...market analysis or not.

The whole "sport" thing mirrors Land Rover marketing...a lower priced sport version....leading into the full size model. Discovery Sport/Discovery, Range Rover Sport/Range Rover. It can work to gain the inital buy in...then move the buyer up. Ford experienced this whern they owned Land Rover/Jaguar several years back. Ford's issue will be price and these will be fleet sales queens once folks cross shop and find "Hamster mobiles" at a lower entry point. The full size bronco however will be another story once its out there...but this is all just my opinion...LOL
True.

However, I know a few already got "duped" by the Bronco 'sport' when they bought into the name.

OP
OP
Thx1158

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
True.

However, I know a few already got "duped" by the Bronco 'sport' when they bought into the name.
Yeah....I looked at ordering the Bronco as well before ordering my Rubicon...and for clarity's sake...I wasn't comparing this to a Wrangler...I used Jeep as the corporate brand...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The pricing on the Bronco Sport is excellent, under $29,000 for a Badlands, with a decent tire /wheel that is normally the first thing upgraded. It's much boxier and functional looking than the competition, Sales are brisk, I'm seeing more and more of them up here in CNY.
Sponsored