Sponsored

Satellite radio ‘acquiring signal’ issue...

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Satellite radio worked on Saturday, but stopped getting a signal today. 2 months in a 12 month trial on our 2020 with the 7 inch.

i was installing the more dead pedal on the drivers side Sunday morning..... does anyone know if the satellite antenna wire is over there?

gremlins or did I do it?

BE7B2262-7D3A-4DCD-8EEC-BAA854A49007.jpeg
Sponsored

TXFirecracker

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Willys
I do not have that particular issue but mine cuts in and out often. I have verified all fuses are seated properly but the problem persists. You might start with that though, as it could be as easy as that....hopefully someone with more knowledge can offer you more solutions. Good luck!

OP
OP

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Update on this issue... If you install a MORE dead pedal, make sure you don't pinch the GPS/satellite antenna cable. It's the little, thin wire that runs down the dash on the driver's side.

<my fault>

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Two new radios have been installed in mine. Didn't get a mile away from dealership before it started happening again. This was last week. However I don't have satellite radio.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Two new radios have been installed in mine. Didn't get a mile away from dealership before it started happening again. This was last week. However I don't have satellite radio.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
I do not have that particular issue but mine cuts in and out often. I have verified all fuses are seated properly but the problem persists. You might start with that though, as it could be as easy as that....hopefully someone with more knowledge can offer you more solutions. Good luck!
I too experience cutting out on the Sirius stations but not on FM. Cuts out for a few seconds. I'll be driving down the parkway, without an obstruction in sight and it will cut out maybe 3 or 4 times in a 5 minute period.

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares

cjjeep

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Thank you I will do so. I'm new to this forum, how do I private message you?

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I too experience cutting out on the Sirius stations but not on FM. Cuts out for a few seconds. I'll be driving down the parkway, without an obstruction in sight and it will cut out maybe 3 or 4 times in a 5 minute period.
Not sure if this is your issue but the xm radios in the jeep buffer the music for you. If you switch stations the song on the station starts at the beginning of the song. So you may go under a bridge and lose the signal but it won't show for a period of time. XM is a digital signal. You either get it or you don't.

YellOhJL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Network Engineer
Not sure if this is your issue but the xm radios in the jeep buffer the music for you. If you switch stations the song on the station starts at the beginning of the song. So you may go under a bridge and lose the signal but it won't show for a period of time. XM is a digital signal. You either get it or you don't.
I have never experienced switching to XM or switching channels and it starting from the beginning of a song, it has always been in the middle of a song. When it goes out, it has been no obstructions for miles.

Sponsored

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Try calling Sirius/xm and tell them your signal goes out all the time. They can boost it to your radio. I have no issue in either Jeep but had that problem on my Escape. It would buffer on cloudy days even.

tumal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Update on this issue... If you install a MORE dead pedal, make sure you don't pinch the GPS/satellite antenna cable. It's the little, thin wire that runs down the dash on the driver's side.

<my fault>
This EXACT issue just happened to me. I removed the MORE dead pedal and reception is back. I could not see that I pinched a wire, but after I removed the bracket I could feel a wire that has a flat spot… wth.
The pedal has been in for at least 2 months.
Sponsored