SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club

Biggdogg1972

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys
I find it interesting to see someone bought the Firestone Destination MT/2s on purpose. Most people switch to something else when they go with bigger tires. Myself, I also have General Grabber X3s and BFG KM3s on the list, but I have reservations with both of those, while I have no reservations about the MT/2s. So far, the stock 32" Firestones have greatly exceeded my expectations, and set a very high bar. I'm seriously considering going with MT/2s when I go larger myself.
I really liked the look of the stock MT/2s and I thought they were pretty quiet. I having absolutely no experience with tires in this category and nothing to compare with. So I figured Chrysler chose this tire for the Willys for a reason and just went with it. Iā€™ve got nearly 2,000 miles on these 35ā€™s now and have been perfectly happy. Been offroad one time and trail exploring and have no complaints. Hope this help a little even though Iā€™m as green as my Jeep. Haha

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I fell in love with the Sarge Green/Black contrast. This is my first Jeep and I couldnā€™t be happier.
C99A4201-587B-417B-AD5D-80B361219BA8.jpeg
Black fenders and top, 'Murica accents, and a Sarge Green Willys.
LOVE it.

Now, if only it were a 2-door!

;) šŸ˜

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I really liked the look of the stock MT/2s and I thought they were pretty quiet. I having absolutely no experience with tires in this category and nothing to compare with.
Same here on all counts. All I can really do is look at tire reviews and try to extrapolate how other tires stack up relative to these. The BFG KM3 seems to be a much more popular tire, but the tread is very different. Is the BFG tread better or worse than the Firestone? Along another line, do I even actually need mud terrain tires for what I do, or would I be just fine with all-terrains like the BFG KO2? All-terrains aren't as good in the mud, but am I driving in enough mud for that to actually matter?

Doing experiments to answer questions like that is an expensive proposition. All I know for sure is the Firestones are exceeding the hell out of my expectations so far, and whether I buy a new set of MT/2s depends greatly on how long these last. I'm budgeting to have to replace the tires every year. If the Firestones do okay in the evil frozen white stuff, and if they last at least a year, I'll probably just keep buying Firestones. I have no complaints at all about how they handle in all conditions I've encountered thus far, and they're a lot quieter than I expected too.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Nice Looking Jeep. What was your order date?
I saw 3 identical at a different dealership than i deal with so had them get one from them just how i would have ordered it.

THorner

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Diesel, 79 J10, 06 XLR, Ducati 999 & ST4
Occupation
Retired
Youā€™re not the only one. As soon as I saw the 392 accent colors I ordered some.
Just waiting on the Jeep badge which is supposed to be delivered today.
I think with the stock wheels or black wheels the red accent doesnā€™t look bad, but with bronze wheels it didnā€™t look that good IMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 20210727_150514
I took delivery of my JLURD the day before yesterday, really like the look of the 392 decals. My parts guy said there are 4 part numbers. Do you recall which part numbers you ordered? Thanks in advance.

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
I took delivery of my JLURD the day before yesterday, really like the look of the 392 decals. My parts guy said there are 4 part numbers. Do you recall which part numbers you ordered? Thanks in advance.
I don't know how to link to a specific post in a different thread, but if you look at my build thread, one of my posts on the first page links to the badges/stickers with part numbers.

Buzzdoc's JLUR build