SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
How hard was it to get the stickers and badges off? I assume a little heat and a plastic tool? I also have a spool of 80# test spiderwire I’m planning to use if needed.

Edit: Love the wheels. Methods? The bronze looks great.
Yes Method, 701, part of their trail series which I want to try. Has some features to help grab a bead well. On my JK I got real cautious running below 10psi in anything other than snow with non-bead locks (Method w/nitto combo).

My debadging process:
https://fb.watch/6uUSgcBonf/

But for real, I just peeled the corner up and then pulled off the sticker. I clean the area before starting using Griots speed shine. Then I used a heat gun to warm the vinyl before peeling but did not use it once peeling because it makes the vinyl too stretchy and then breaks easier. With only using it before hand i can peel each sticker off in 1 piece.
For glue removal I just use my thumb, a little preheat from a heat gun and sometimes hit it with some WD-40 and let it soak in. I wipe away any WD40 that isn't staying with the adhesive. There are better sticky removal compounds for vehicles, but I don't have any and not going to go out and buy some for such a miniscule need. Takes me about 30min total working time a side to remove the RUBICON and clean/prep the area for the new sticker. I say working time because when I use the wd-40 I let it soak in for 5-10min and come back; comes off super easy at this point. There are really cool rubbing clays you can get to remove adhesives and they look like they work well and make it easier.

Currently don't know about the JEEP emblem since I haven't done it yet. Once I get my badge I'll look at the back of the replacement to see if there are features, etc for alignment. If there are not, then I will use some tape to set location and flatness for the replacement.

For the trail badge it has an alignment feature. So all I did was set some tape on each side and sharpied a line using a ruler for my horizontal. Almost right thru the center of the badge is a flat line, I used that with a ruler to mark my tape and when I put the new one on I made sure it aligned with my marks on the tape so it doesn't mount crooked.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I just noticed that you’re in MN also lol. If you’re going with Adrenaline then Rob knows PPG is a shade or so lighter. I think dark green is a shade or so darker, but my understanding is that neither have any metallic in it. I didn’t actually know PDG was an option at the time, or I may have tried it, but for accents PPG isn’t as noticeable compared to a full piece that color. I attached a couple of pics for you to see PPG next to Sarge. As you can see, directly on top of it the difference is VERY noticeable in the sun, but next to it like the other pic it isn’t AS noticeable. I may have him redo them in PDG still if I end up hating it 😬.

Edit - Yeah, I’m in the south burbs also. I just called Rob and had him order some PDG also. I think I’d like it a shade darker than a shade lighter if I couldn’t get an exact match.
Circling back here. I went black. The green was really close in the shade...but sun and it just wasn't right for me. It was closer than yours, I think you'll love the change.

Sponsored

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
yes to the Mopar 2inch lift. Got 2.5 inch out of it. 37s on BFGs KM3
Nice! If you don’t mind me asking, what powertrain did you opt for and did you do any other strengthening upgrades to account for such heavy tires? I am looking to build one very similar to yours and I’m curious what all that might entail.

fortney77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Sarge Green
Occupation
Broadcast Tech
Nice! If you don’t mind me asking, what powertrain did you opt for and did you do any other strengthening upgrades to account for such heavy tires? I am looking to build one very similar to yours and I’m curious what all that might entail.
I have the 3.6L manual. It’s a rubicon. Upgraded the front & rear track bars, drag link and tie rod. I used synergy for all of them except for the rear track bar. I went with EvoManfacturing since the synergy was out of stock. Upgraded the stabilizer and did the relocated kit. The mopar kit comes with front lower control arms. Gonna upgrade the rest of them soon. Will probably regear too. Everyone has talked about the axles and ball joints. I off road every other month. Mostly highway miles. Will plan in the future to upgrade them aswell. Hope this helps.

Gaylon

First Name
Gaylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Toyota Land Cruiser
Yes Method, 701, part of their trail series which I want to try. Has some features to help grab a bead well. On my JK I got real cautious running below 10psi in anything other than snow with non-bead locks (Method w/nitto combo).
Can you post a pic of how far the tires stick out past the fenders? I am looking for bronze wheels and trying to determine the correct offset and backspacing. Thank you!

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
I have the 3.6L manual. It’s a rubicon. Upgraded the front & rear track bars, drag link and tie rod. I used synergy for all of them except for the rear track bar. I went with EvoManfacturing since the synergy was out of stock. Upgraded the stabilizer and did the relocated kit. The mopar kit comes with front lower control arms. Gonna upgrade the rest of them soon. Will probably regear too. Everyone has talked about the axles and ball joints. I off road every other month. Mostly highway miles. Will plan in the future to upgrade them aswell. Hope this helps.
Oh wow! You have done a lot of work it sounds like! I plan on doing a lot of highway driving with mine in the future as well, but I think I will probably stick with 35’s for now until I can make some of the upgrades you mentioned. That definitely helped me, so thank you!

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Can you post a pic of how far the tires stick out past the fenders? I am looking for bronze wheels and trying to determine the correct offset and backspacing. Thank you!
For reference, Method M305 NV's, 17x8.5, 0 offset (4.75" BS). Hope this helps.

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_3824
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_3825

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_3410

Sponsored

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I'm starting to see Sarge Green Jeeps everywhere these days, even in my small(er) town in east Florida. I think I've seen a different Sarge Green JL or JT every day this week. Haven't gotten a wave back from any yet. :-(

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_0618 2
Sponsored