Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
33” BFG KO2? I’m tire shopping and those look great! They made it to my very short list!
Mine ('21 2d Rubi) came stock with the 33 BFG'S. Love the look.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 9132C054-C93A-463A-9894-BEEA08B2C19A
Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
33” BFG KO2? I’m tire shopping and those look great! They made it to my very short list!
The Rubicon's come from the factory with 285/70R17 (33x10.50) KO2's. You could probably hit your local Craigslist and find a set of Rubicon take-offs for pretty cheap.

UTJeeper

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
You've pretty stellar taste, if you don't mind my saying so.

For me, 2x 0.5" Teraflex leveling pucks on each side up front netted me 7/8" total front end height and put me within 1/4" front to rear.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_1136
After:
Saw your thread (A boy and his dog) on your build and travels. Awesome read! I am jealous of your road trip! After wheeling with your tires and only leveling the front, are you still happy with the height, or are you considered lifting your rig higher? Any rubbing?

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Mine are stock Falken LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires I believe

Great looking Jeep! The Falken's are, if I'm not mistaken, the optional M/T upgrade you can select when ordering the Jeep new. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Rubicons ship with the base KO2's.

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires have gotten a bunch of attention recently (at least in the internet circles I read) for being a really long lasting and great 3-peak mountain snowflake tire, particularly in larger sizes. I almost put a set of 37" Wildpeak AT3W's on my Cummins pickup last month, but wound up going with Nitto Exo-Grappler's instead. Are the Falken M/T's on your Jeep 3-peak rated? How have you found them in the snow so far? These might be a great option for folks looking to upgrade from stock smaller tires that do more off-roading, though I suspect take-offs won't be as easy to come by as the KO2's.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Saw your thread (A boy and his dog) on your build and travels. Awesome read! I am jealous of your road trip! After wheeling with your tires and only leveling the front, are you still happy with the height, or are you considered lifting your rig higher? Any rubbing?
Thanks buddy, it was a great trip. I haven't been doing much out in the backcountry the past couple months due to life circumstances, but I fully intend for Bear and I to spend some more quality time in Evelyn this year, of which I'll document and keep that thread updated on.

I'm perfectly happy with the height for the type of off-roading I generally do. I'm not a focused rock crawler, so maximum articulation is rarely needed for me and, when it is, it's for very short periods over a random obstacle. If I found myself heading to parts of the continent that were going to push me into more compromised situations more frequently, I'd want a bit more height to keep the tires out of the inner fenders when fully flexed and turning. As she sits now, with nothing but the Mopar extended LCA's and the 2x 0.5" Teraflex pucks on each front corner, I don't get any rubbing anywhere unless FULLY stuffing.

Aside from that, I'll eventually wind up with a suspension lift but it'll be more to compensate for weight than overall lift height. I don't (for now) intend to go bigger on tire size, but I'll eventually pull the trigger on a roof rack and RTT, which will of course allow me to pack many many more things I don't necessarily need which will add more and more weight. So far I'm keeping my credit card fingers in check though; partially aided by the fact I'm not totally happy with any of the aftermarket rack options. If only Rhino Rack were made in the USA or ARB were still manufacturing in Australia!

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
You've pretty stellar taste, if you don't mind my saying so.

For me, 2x 0.5" Teraflex leveling pucks on each side up front netted me 7/8" total front end height and put me within 1/4" front to rear.

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 4
After:
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 4
This looks awesome! I was thinking of getting a leveling kit to fix the rake on mine. What wheels are those? Do you remember the offset? Did you get new tires as well if so what size did you go with?

Sponsored

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
This looks awesome! I was thinking of getting a leveling kit to fix the rake on mine. What wheels are those? Do you remember the offset? Did you get new tires as well if so what size did you go with?
Thanks Marc. The wheels are Method NV in 17x8.5 with 0 offset. The tires are 35x12.50R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, which are a load range E tire (stiffer ride, but 10ply sidewall which has greater puncture resistance).

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
I can only imagine the tailgate reinforcement that guy has in order to mount his spare... 🤪
Oh they probably couldn't deal with the tailgate reinforcement so they decided to not deal with it at all xD dont believe me?? See the next 2 pictures xD

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I KNEW I had seen that Jeep before! I think my mother had actually sent me a picture of that one when she was driving through Arizona. It's hilarious; at least the guys that built that Jeep had a sense of humor about them and knew other Jeepers were immediately going to look at the spare tire situation. Kudos on them for leaning into the joke!

EDIT: something I hadn't noticed before, but I SURE hope that trailer hitch mounted to the axle is just a joke as well. That would be a seriously dangerous situation to tow ANYTHING with.