First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Traded my Factory BFG KO2’s to my kid so he could put them on his CJ5.
He bought me the Smittybilt Gen3 9.5K Comp w/ free thimble and Warn winch plate.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club AAD5DBC7-F637-48B0-BD01-6A70B240EBB8
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 7AB98B3A-232A-4B20-998A-2BBC4A23446A
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 590E94FA-F89C-40F0-B349-DA2499E3B3D8
Then I installed my new Sunrider Soft Top, just to make it rain. That’s the PNW for ya.

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Nice, I'm two months into owning mine and still no license plate or inspection. Lucky me, motor vehicle is shutdown in NY that means I still haven't paid the sales tax!
Yeah, mine has a temp tag that expired 4/2, but they're giving an extension until 6/30. I haven't paid the sales tax yet either, but I have it set aside. I tried to do it one day but the DMV is a joke right now, took me three hours just to get inside only for the idiot at the counter to tell me I needed a title for the vehicle in order to tag it. I do NOT need a title, I need a Certificate Of Origin, which I have, there IS NO title for it yet, it's brand-new. I'm not dealing with that mess again, I'll wait until the panic is over. This was a contract office and I did complain to the state about it.

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Yeah, mine has a temp tag that expired 4/2, but they're giving an extension until 6/30. I haven't paid the sales tax yet either, but I have it set aside. I tried to do it one day but the DMV is a joke right now, took me three hours just to get inside only for the idiot at the counter to tell me I needed a title for the vehicle in order to tag it. I do NOT need a title, I need a Certificate Of Origin, which I have, there IS NO title for it yet, it's brand-new. I'm not dealing with that mess again, I'll wait until the panic is over. This was a contract office and I did complain to the state about it.
We're in the same boat, the bank is asking for the title, the insurance company wants to know why there is no registration on record with NY. This tells me one thing, they both use the same software to generate notification letters.

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
Just installed a Harkin lift for the hard top. So I took it off and the wife and I went topless.....(won't post those pics)... But anyway, can't wait to get these doors off for the summer too!

IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

JL304

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra 1500
Newbie to the board. I’m going to be ordering my 2 door sport next week and I’m trying to decide on the color. I love Sarge Green, but I’ve yet to see one in person. In certain lighting it looks really dark. Any thoughts from owners on whether this color will show scratches and swirl marks, almost like black does?

FL_Diesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Diesel
Newbie to the board. I’m going to be ordering my 2 door sport next week and I’m trying to decide on the color. I love Sarge Green, but I’ve yet to see one in person. In certain lighting it looks really dark. Any thoughts from owners on whether this color will show scratches and swirl marks, almost like black does?
It’s will not be as bad as black and not as good as white on showing scratches. Think of it as any other darker shade. If I had to do it over, I will buy it again. Don’t worry too much about scratch marks. Just enjoy it.

Razak9

First Name
Razak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
You can get a wrap put on to protect the paint. It’s a cost effective option that works great in protecting the paint.

Sponsored

hoodie

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Sarge Recon yesterday and couldn’t be happier. Sold my JK Rubi 4 years ago and have missed it ever since. When Jeep said they were bringing Sarge back I knew it was time to come back.

12C59386-62DA-49D0-8A3C-243B7054D0F7.jpeg

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Awesome! Thank you!

Although, now I'm worried putting two 3gallon pax on my big ol' spare is going to kill my tailgate :LOL:
If you're worried about the extra 18lbs hurting your tailgate, you probably have some bigger problems :)

Note: This DOES make me curious -- has anybody done a "let's break the tailgate" test on a JL? How much weight can you stack on a spare mount before you bend/damage/break your tailgate and/or hinges? I roll with a 115lb spare, but it currently rests on the bumper. I wonder what that tailgate can really handle when you consider something like a 2ft "drop". If you consider stock tailgate configuration and stock rear axles, which one will give up first? Inquiring minds want to know! (but not using my JL as a test platform :CWL:)
Sponsored