Sponsored

SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
<48hrs after picking her up we had her out on the Trails. Last weekend of the local park for the year so have until April again before heading back out. So plenty of time to get some mods done and keep her nice and shiny.

IMG_2027.jpg
Excellent choice! The Jeep, but the trails? Dunno, mine stays on the road?
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: gek

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Excellent choice! The Jeep, but the trails? Dunno, mine stays on the road?
lol Gotta go get her dirty every once in a while. Cleaning isnt too bad if you stay out of the mud. For the first time it took ~2hrs but that included going to get gas for the pressure washer cause Im dumb and didnt make sure it was full and had extra. Routine is pressure wash the mud off, foam cannon the whole jeep and let it set for a few minutes, pressure wash that off, foam cannon it again and hit it with the mit a few times, then pressure wash and blow dry. Figure I can get the routine down to 1hr on bad days. And if thats all it costs me to have way more fun off road than my Xterra was its a price I suppose Im willing to pay lol

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_2031

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 69239187820__D46909AA-7400-4621-B928-EC90861E28A2

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_2034

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_2036

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

Here are 2 tracks that we did out in Pisgah late last year which were pretty good, no hard core wheeling but nice roads and views through the forest and over 100 miles iirc of driving on dirt.
Thanks! My wife is convinced I'm going to break something immediately upon leaving the pavement and I want to show her that there are many facets of off-road driving from lazy fire roads in the shade to steel crunching crawling in the desert.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Thanks! My wife is convinced I'm going to break something immediately upon leaving the pavement and I want to show her that there are many facets of off-road driving from lazy fire roads in the shade to steel crunching crawling in the desert.
lol Yea there is plenty in between. Uwharrie is a great place to get a mix of everything. They have standard dirt trails, a few muddy spots when it rains good, intermediate crawling and a few advanced trails (nothing like out west but still challenging). My Xterra was a lethargic 3.3l with open diffs and I ran Id say 70% of what they offered but stayed off the bigger stuff. After the first trip in the JL I told my wife I made a mistake cause of how easy it was and now I need to hit the hard stuff and thats where you end up broken lol. I dont think she was amused.

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
lol Gotta go get her dirty every once in a while. Cleaning isnt too bad if you stay out of the mud. For the first time it took ~2hrs but that included going to get gas for the pressure washer cause Im dumb and didnt make sure it was full and had extra. Routine is pressure wash the mud off, foam cannon the whole jeep and let it set for a few minutes, pressure wash that off, foam cannon it again and hit it with the mit a few times, then pressure wash and blow dry. Figure I can get the routine down to 1hr on bad days. And if thats all it costs me to have way more fun off road than my Xterra was its a price I suppose Im willing to pay lol

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 4CD07001-25A5-42B0-AEE3-638FA29987F5
This is 4 hours exterior?, it was just dusty prior. I have a problem.?

Sponsored

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

This is 4 hours exterior?, it was just dusty prior. I have a problem.?
Shew 4 hours is a lot on a 2dr. I think that's about as much time as I spend on the wife's pilot when doing a wash, clay, and seal

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Hercules got more lights today. Finished up the install for my Baja design LP6s. Ended up drilling the extra holes directly into the oem steel bumper- sent too hard. The upfitter lockout harness made the whole process way easier. Plenty of cable to route. Used my factory aux 1 and 3 switches. Tan the amber backlights to the drl line in the driver side fender lamp. Can’t wait to get out in the pitch black. These things are sweet.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 3C50E6B3-28BC-4CA9-A5B7-EF1FAF22C695

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Finally have a real photo to contribute to this thread... Jeep tucked in for Christmas at AEV HQ!

i-nkFc32L-X2.jpg

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Hercules got more lights today. Finished up the install for my Baja design LP6s. Ended up drilling the extra holes directly into the oem steel bumper- sent too hard. The upfitter lockout harness made the whole process way easier. Plenty of cable to route. Used my factory aux 1 and 3 switches. Tan the amber backlights to the drl line in the driver side fender lamp. Can’t wait to get out in the pitch black. These things are sweet.
3C50E6B3-28BC-4CA9-A5B7-EF1FAF22C695.jpeg
Which wire exactly did you tap into for the DRL? Sweet setup! I installed same amber LP6s on my Sarge. But I never did the backlight-DRL connection, I need to get back and finish it.

Hercules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 2500 Longhorn, 2022 JLURD
Which wire exactly did you tap into for the DRL? Sweet setup! I installed same amber LP6s on my Sarge. But I never did the backlight-DRL connection, I need to get back and finish it.
So I first went to the white wire of the 2 (white/black) running to the amber side marker. I wasn’t happy with that since the backlights would come on with the parking lights or headlights on only, I wanted them as DRL. So I then switched and tapped into the first wire closest to the outside/fender direction) of the group of the flat 5 wire connector into the DRL. This is a little better, as whenever the DRL are on, the backlights are on. Buuut when you turn the headlamps on low beam, the DRL circuit cuts out, and so do the backlights. So now I’m either considering leaving it, going the “tap a fuse” way, or cobbling together a tie over circuit with a diode so that either the DRL or amber side marker will turn on the backlights. ( I’m leaning towards the tap a fuse….just need to find one that’s on with the engine at all times that I can use. ). But this is a later problem. I’m working on a tailgate table and a storage option for my skycamp 3.0 at the moment. ?. Money pit continues.

Sponsored

stravafred

First Name
StravaFred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
So I first went to the white wire of the 2 (white/black) running to the amber side marker. I wasn’t happy with that since the backlights would come on with the parking lights or headlights on only, I wanted them as DRL. So I then switched and tapped into the first wire closest to the outside/fender direction) of the group of the flat 5 wire connector into the DRL. This is a little better, as whenever the DRL are on, the backlights are on. Buuut when you turn the headlamps on low beam, the DRL circuit cuts out, and so do the backlights. So now I’m either considering leaving it, going the “tap a fuse” way, or cobbling together a tie over circuit with a diode so that either the DRL or amber side marker will turn on the backlights. ( I’m leaning towards the tap a fuse….just need to find one that’s on with the engine at all times that I can use. ). But this is a later problem. I’m working on a tailgate table and a storage option for my skycamp 3.0 at the moment. ?. Money pit continues.
Great details, thanks! I hadn't considered the options, now I have something to think about. This will have to hold my attention until I'm done saving up to go deeper in the money pit with new wheels/lift.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Finally part of the sarge green group!!! Now need to decide on keeping the 4xe blue or switching to tan accents ??
Very nice. Sarge 4xe didn’t used to come in Rubicon trim, which made my choice of Sahara the default. Would have been a tough decision otherwise. Is that a new option for 2023?

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Very nice. Sarge 4xe didn’t used to come in Rubicon trim, which made my choice of Sahara the default. Would have been a tough decision otherwise. Is that a new option for 2023?
I think it was. I didn't order this time but got lucky to find it. Pretty sure only one within ohio it seems lol