Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
I just left Toyota and went back to Jeep AGAIN. I’ve swore this time I’m never leaving Jeep and going to Toyota. Toyota vehicles are just so boring and uninspiring. And the reliability gap has closed big time and there really is not much of a reason to choose them anymore. There is a reason I keep going back to Jeep, they are just so much more enjoyable. Learned my lesson this time.
I'm trading in my 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 for my 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door when it comes in. I'm tired of the gear hunting and the complete lack of power when I only increased the tire size less than an inch. I can't even get onto the interstate with the dang thing. She looks good and will go anywhere I point it, but I just can't get over the transmission gear mapping from the factory. I'm not giving $400 to Bob in a garage somewhere to retune and change the gear mapping (and possibly royally screw it up) when it should have had a recall a long time ago.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club Truck 1

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club Truck 2

Reactions: gek

Coltron_Actual

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ, 2006 LJ, 2021 Rubicon
I'm trading in my 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 for my 2023 Willys Sport 2-Door when it comes in. I'm tired of the gear hunting and the complete lack of power when I only increased the tire size less than an inch. I can't even get onto the interstate with the dang thing. She looks good and will go anywhere I point it, but I just can't get over the transmission gear mapping from the factory. I'm not giving $400 to Bob in a garage somewhere to retune and change the gear mapping (and possibly royally screw it up) when it should have had a recall a long time ago.

Funny, I traded in my 2017 Tacoma also for a used JLUR (at a Toyota dealership:LOL:). I got real tired of the sixth to fourth gear downshifts on the slightest of grades on the freeways. Don't you dare tell Toyota they did it wrong. I did like my time with that truck, but there isn't a "normie" car company out there that sniffs their own farts as hard as Toyota does.

Found this used 2021 rubicon randomly, when I wasn't even looking for a new vehicle. Was planning on ordering a Gladiator Rubicon with a manual transmission at some point, but this used JL wooed me with leather, the 2.0L turbo, and the Alpine system. And being a year old and used, cheaper than ordering something new. I will miss having a truck bed for those times I really need one, but I think a small utility trailer will serve my needs well when the time comes.

Here it is with our LJ and my TJ.

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club signal-2022-09-14-104740_003

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club signal-2022-09-14-104740_002

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club signal-2022-09-14-104740_004

tshaw2009

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Sport 2-Door, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lead Pastor, County Projects Coordinator, and Former 88N10 in US Army
Funny, I traded in my 2017 Tacoma also for a used JLUR (at a Toyota dealership:LOL:). I got real tired of the sixth to fourth gear downshifts on the slightest of grades on the freeways. Don't you dare tell Toyota they did it wrong. I did like my time with that truck, but there isn't a "normie" car company out there that sniffs their own farts as hard as Toyota does.

Found this used 2021 rubicon randomly, when I wasn't even looking for a new vehicle. Was planning on ordering a Gladiator Rubicon with a manual transmission at some point, but this used JL wooed me with leather, the 2.0L turbo, and the Alpine system. And being a year old and used, cheaper than ordering something new. I will miss having a truck bed for those times I really need one, but I think a small utility trailer will serve my needs well when the time comes.

Here it is with our LJ and my TJ.

150% true. When I brought it up on my Tacoma groups and forums, they were less than helpful. "There ain't nothing wrong with it.", "You know it's not a sport car, right?", "They were made to function like that.", "Why don't you pay Bob in a garage for his KDMax tune or OV tune?" Then don't even get me started on the vibrations you get in the driveline the moment you lift it anymore than an inch because of its faulty driver's side needle bearing that needs replaced with the ECGS bushing (still haven't done it). I've never had any vehicles that were so finnicky with a lift. But nope, the Tacoma and the engineers who make them couldn't possibly do any wrong with that platform. "It's perfect and don't you say a word against it!!!!!!" Just like you, I have enjoyed it, but I'm going to be excited to see it in my rear-view mirror. I will find a trailer to haul things with.

Matador_MIA

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Sorry if already discussed but what are the specific on those Fuels Zephyr's? Offset and backspace? Looks amazing! Just got my Sarge Green 4xe and I think I want to run this tire/wheel setup

Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392XR AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
Joining the Sarge club soon... Just ordered a '23 Sarge Green 392XR. Once built, it's going straight from the factory to AEV for their JL370 conversion.

This will be my third Jeep and, quite honestly, the only reason I went with Sarge is because they didn't offer Hellayella which, in my opinion, is the best Jeep color (my 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock was Baja Yellow and my 2021 Rubicon is Hellayella). The yellow just pops out on the trail. I felt, of all the 2023 options for the 392, Sarge was the best.

Now, I wait...

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club i-sWn2SFk-L

Last two Jeeps...
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club i-sG6dm5z-L

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club i-WfPRGM8-L

epd313

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR, 2019 Genesis G90
Occupation
Retired
I get it, I did the same thing on the color, couldn't wait to mid summer on the chance punk'n was going to be available, so I went sarge green. Curious why you ordered xr if you are sending to AEV as soon as you get it?

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I get it, I did the same thing on the color, couldn't wait to mid summer on the chance punk'n was going to be available, so I went sarge green. Curious why you ordered xr if you are sending to AEV as soon as you get it?
Gearing. AEV gives you a credit back on the conversion cost for gears if you have the XR package, and then your drivetrain warranty is maximized, instead of being 3yr/36K. I can sell the takeoff wheels and tires and make up the difference.

AEV is getting it before I do, haha. Hoping Matt from AEV will send me a few teaser pics. It’s already been a long wait, and I’m not even to D1 status yet.

Sponsored

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Fellow soon to be Sarge owner here. First Jeep but have wanted one for a long time, now the long wait for updates.

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 1665415042458
Congrats! You'll love the Jeep.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Congrats! You'll love the Jeep.
Thanks! Everything I've read and people I've talked to finally pushed me over the edge to get one. I love my Xterra but shes getting old and needs a bunch of work so rather than dump money into a truck with a quarter million miles on it I figured lets get something new for once.

392OVRLND

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Beyond the horrible transmission, the truck is basically a reskinned 2005 Tacoma, complete with a gas-guzzling engine that is gutless compared to the competition, spongey brakes (with drum in the rear), a C-channel rear chassis (where every competitor has gone to fully-boxed in the rear a long time ago), and a T-case that hangs below the frame rails.

Did I mention I hate Toyota for letting the Tacoma die a slow death?