First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
Weird question, I'm hoping somebody can help me with?
The FIRST time I saw a Sarge Green, It was on a Willy's Gladiator (of course with black roof/wheels/grill) - i loved it

BUT I saw an all SG Gladiator, and an all SG 392 Wrangler out in the SUN and thought it was too bright and didn't care for it.

About to place an order for either SG or SG (heh, sting gray or sarge green), I want to love the green with the black trim - but can't get the all bright in the sun green look (no offense to those who have and love it) super bright look out of my mind. I hope this makes sense?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
The FIRST time I saw a Sarge Green, It was on a Willy's Gladiator (of course with black roof/wheels/grill) - i loved it

BUT I saw an all SG Gladiator, and an all SG 392 Wrangler out in the SUN and thought it was too bright and didn't care for it.

About to place an order for either SG or SG (heh, sting gray or sarge green), I want to love the green with the black trim - but can't get the all bright in the sun green look (no offense to those who have and love it) super bright look out of my mind. I hope this makes sense?

Thanks all!
If you hate the way it looks in bright sunlight, don't buy it. Simple as that, IMO.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

Thanks all!
Weird, I've always worried it looked too dark. But don't have mine yet and have seen very few out in the wild.

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you hate the way it looks in bright sunlight, don't buy it. Simple as that, IMO.
Eh, not HATE per say - just wasn't in love, but I know it'd grow on me - those ones also didn't have the black contrast which makes a big difference to me, as I like the contrast.

Last edited:

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Weird, I've always worried it looked too dark. But don't have mine yet and have seen very few out in the wild.
Yeah, I think it's just the light...i'm gonna order one anyway, and hope for the best LOL

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Yeah, I think it's just the light...i'm gonna order one anyway, and hope for the best LOL
Thinking you made the right choice. Ordered my M2 sight unseen in Hockenheim Silver because I didn't like the other choices. The blue was TOO loud and the orange was TOO rusty. How can you go wrong with silver? WRONG, I knew I messed up and should have walked. At best the color is VERY light silver. At worst it looks white 😐. One, I'll never order sight unseen again. Two, I'll always lean toward color if it's a toss up. Here's a sunny day pic under the shade. Might as well be white. For what it is worth String Gray looks like primer to me.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club IMG_1904

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
Sarge owners, does the color have any metal flake or pearl in it? Hard to tell from pics, and hard to find this color in the wild. Thank you!

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
Sarge owners, does the color have any metal flake or pearl in it? Hard to tell from pics, and hard to find this color in the wild. Thank you!
No, no metal flake at all. It's a straight solid gloss; very old school.

Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Yes, nailed it! Thank you I appreciate it :)
I find it interesting to see someone bought the Firestone Destination MT/2s on purpose. Most people switch to something else when they go with bigger tires. Myself, I also have General Grabber X3s and BFG KM3s on the list, but I have reservations with both of those, while I have no reservations about the MT/2s. So far, the stock 32" Firestones have greatly exceeded my expectations, and set a very high bar. I'm seriously considering going with MT/2s when I go larger myself.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I fell in love with the Sarge Green/Black contrast. This is my first Jeep and I couldn’t be happier.
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 035162D5-C09D-47DA-9224-D630AF04A9DE
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 035162D5-C09D-47DA-9224-D630AF04A9DE
That looks awesome with no red on it. Well done.
Sponsored