SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Curious what color that is. My powder coat guy and I decided to go with Prismatic pea green for my bumpers as doesn’t have any flakes in it like Sarge. I got them back last weekend and it’s maybe a hue or so lighter. AAL uses Prismatic dark green as a match for Sarge. I opted to have my inner fender logos coated in Pea Green by my guy instead to keep it consistent, but I’m eager to see how close Prismatic Dark Green is. I can post some pics of my bumpers later today as I am planning to install them this weekend. I only did the accent pieces in green as I was worried about it being off and standing out too much.
Interestingly, I think he said PPG, not PDG...will see what the sample is. Going to try and call him to ask. Would you mind showing a pic of yours? Also, are you saying PDG is closer in color, but with flakes when you mentioned going PPG since it doesn't have flakes?

Edit-I see you are in MN also. I'm in the south burbs. We can compare in person if I go with the opposite one you went with.
Sponsored

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
Interestingly, I think he said PPG, not PDG...will see what the sample is. Going to try and call him to ask. Would you mind showing a pic of yours? Also, are you saying PDG is closer in color, but with flakes when you mentione going PPG since it doesn't have flakes?
I just noticed that you’re in MN also lol. If you’re going with Adrenaline then Rob knows PPG is a shade or so lighter. I think dark green is a shade or so darker, but my understanding is that neither have any metallic in it. I didn’t actually know PDG was an option at the time, or I may have tried it, but for accents PPG isn’t as noticeable compared to a full piece that color. I attached a couple of pics for you to see PPG next to Sarge. As you can see, directly on top of it the difference is VERY noticeable in the sun, but next to it like the other pic it isn’t AS noticeable. I may have him redo them in PDG still if I end up hating it 😬.

Edit - Yeah, I’m in the south burbs also. I just called Rob and had him order some PDG also. I think I’d like it a shade darker than a shade lighter if I couldn’t get an exact match.

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 96C3CB31-81D7-44DC-A562-F30F11F34453

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club C25B87CC-CAED-416C-AD77-7BC6BCCF7F4A

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I think I agree with you. I'd rather a hair darker than a hair lighter. The color difference is worst when right on the hood, Normal and it would be much better.

Will for sure share when mine is done.

Edit-The sample is prismatic dark green. PGG was the paint code if I recall now. He gave paint code and "sarge green" and was told this would be best match. It arrived, so I am meeting up with him next week to put the sample against the Jeep.

Last edited:

ChiefJL

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2017 JKUR Recon
I think I agree with you. I'd rather a hair darker than a hair lighter. The color difference is worst when right on the hood, Normal and it would be much better.

Will for sure share when mine is done.

Edit-The sample is prismatic dark green. PGG was the paint code if I recall now. He gave paint code and "sarge green" and was told this would be best match. It arrived, so I am meeting up with him next week to put the sample against the Jeep.
Perfect, let me know what you think! I had him order me some for and we are going to redo mine when he gets back in office after his vacation.

Sponsored

EMpunker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6
I need to get a soft top for mine. Just looks right on Sarge...

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I finally got my winch Plate so i could mount my winch also put 3/4” rear spacers in the back with Rubicon Diesel springs & shocks, i already put the Front Rubicon D springs & 1 1/2” spacers in front. So these springs are about 3/4” taller than my Willys Diesel springs. Ride is just like it was just a little higher. I’m gonna run like this for awhile. That’s my famous last words.

9F1FA569-41C2-4D67-A1EF-0F9853AFC348.jpeg

56EC379B-8B44-42B0-A908-28E9348AC35F.jpeg

Sponsored

Mroliver927

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
Sharing a nicely lit picture of Sarge Green on a warm June night...

Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 2F392C2E-F973-4857-BF0B-DB301AF3F43B
I ordered the same one but with black interior. I have been waiting for 6 weeks now and this picture made it SOOOO much worse because your JEEP looks SOOOO GOOD. Congrats

UTJeeper

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
View attachment 469994
Took the Sarge on the Alpine Loop, through Engineer Pass and Cinnamon Pass in Colorado. 7 hours of fun and 4 wheelin!
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 2F392C2E-F973-4857-BF0B-DB301AF3F43B
Jeep Wrangler JL SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club 51AE8F8F-6304-4964-BAF1-3D50AB17EFC4
We were able to hit Ophir Pass as well. Wanted to do Black Bear and Imogene but they were both still closed. Next time!

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I ordered the same one but with black interior. I have been waiting for 6 weeks now and this picture made it SOOOO much worse because your JEEP looks SOOOO GOOD. Congrats
Thanks - appreciate it and good luck getting yours soon! Post pictures when you get yours 👍
Sponsored