SARGE GREEN Wrangler JL Club

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Hey fellow Sarge Green JL/U owners, I am in a dilemma wanting to name my Jeep. I am within a few names and hope you can help. It will pretty much be stock for a couple of years. It is an 80th Anniversary 4 door with a premium soft top (which I go topless every chance I get). Let me know your favorites, here are the choices:
1. The Beast
2. The Green Monster
3. Jade
4. Booger
5. Loki
6. Hornet
7.???
Loki sounds cool.

Advertisement

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80th, 2010 KK
Hey fellow Sarge Green JL/U owners, I am in a dilemma wanting to name my Jeep. I am within a few names and hope you can help. It will pretty much be stock for a couple of years. It is an 80th Anniversary 4 door with a premium soft top (which I go topless every chance I get). Let me know your favorites, here are the choices:
1. The Beast
2. The Green Monster
3. Jade
4. Booger
5. Loki
6. Hornet
7.???
Forgot to add:
7. Hulk

RTS

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
YES! I would like one too! So I can use my JK bike rack. Let me know what the cost would be.
Oh man, that was quite a project. It’s not so much the camera housing, as it is getting access to the camera (see pic). You need to remove the spare tire mount from the tailgate, then remove the metal bracket from inside the mount. After that you can remove the plastic insert to which the camera is attached. I found a couple You-Tube videos on how to accomplish this. I never had to cut the camera wire or add a wire extension. You then need to cut off the long nose oem camera mount flush off the metal bracket and spare tire mount. Put that all back together and route the camera out the top of the mount. I bought a Quadratec Rear Camera Spare Tire Bracket (see pic). I built the housing from some thin sheet metal (see template pic). From my local hardware store I special ordered some #3 x 1-1/4” mach. screws, nuts, washers. I used a 5/8 ID x 7/8 OD rubber grommet to which to secure the camera lens. I’ll try to take some pictures inside the housing to show how the housing, camera, and Quadratec bracket are fastened together using spacers to create a solid fit.

25CCB03A-CDB0-454D-B6E8-12A9342ADEA1.jpeg

164F250A-77B8-43EA-B860-C1CDF172C01C.jpeg

2092F789-5370-440C-A7A3-B1F86D8BCAEA.jpeg

7C92A035-DEF8-45F1-8EB7-395200EB3A3F.jpeg

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sarge Green JLR, '16 Cayman GT4
Really nice and well done!

Question - what did you do with the red dash and stitching on the interior?
Thank you!

I really, really wanted to ditch the red accents inside. I very heavily considered custom leather seat inserts from leatherseats.com; if you talk to them on the phone, they have a Forest Green stitching, which I got a sample of, and is a pretty close match to Sarge Green. The problem was that it was prohibitively expensive to get the steering wheel stitching redone, and I didn't want to have green stitching everywhere, and then red stitching on the steering wheel.

Anyway, my halfway solution was to ditch the red plastic trim pieces for these: https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/6ac261r3ad-6ac241r3aa.html

So I at least got rid of the primary red; now it's just the subtle stitching and etching in the seats; I don't mind it!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Just got her lifted with a MetalCloak 3.5" Gamechanger and Falken 37s. IT'S HUGE!! I'm not sure it'll even fit in the garage.
51105913216_9ff920f462_b.jpg

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
Just got her lifted with a MetalCloak 3.5" Gamechanger and Falken 37s. IT'S HUGE!! I'm not sure it'll even fit in the garage.
51105913216_9ff920f462_b.jpg
Sgt. Beavis..... Uh huh huh, You said "IT'S HUGE!!"

uh-huh-huh-you-said-big-one.jpg

Looking good though! I like the bronze wheels on the Sarge!

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement