Bud
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aspiring 45y/o college kid
I KNEW I had seen that Jeep before! I think my mother had actually sent me a picture of that one when she was driving through Arizona. It's hilarious; at least the guys that built that Jeep had a sense of humor about them and knew other Jeepers were immediately going to look at the spare tire situation. Kudos on them for leaning into the joke!

EDIT: something I hadn't noticed before, but I SURE hope that trailer hitch mounted to the axle is just a joke as well. That would be a seriously dangerous situation to tow ANYTHING with.

Advertisement

Landog

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Willys 2 Door
Just pulled the trigger finally. Very glad I went with Sarge and the Willys. So fun to drive the two door. Crappy pics but the weather really sucks here right now.

DE45B1C1-4F20-455F-BC14-6426BE69B7D0.jpeg

C5893E8C-1615-4C69-A180-8539A82492B3.jpeg
Looks just like mine.....only clean! I had a lot of fun with mine during the last snow storm and haven't washed him yet

:rock:

frank728

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Great looking Jeep! The Falken's are, if I'm not mistaken, the optional M/T upgrade you can select when ordering the Jeep new. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Rubicons ship with the base KO2's.

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires have gotten a bunch of attention recently (at least in the internet circles I read) for being a really long lasting and great 3-peak mountain snowflake tire, particularly in larger sizes. I almost put a set of 37" Wildpeak AT3W's on my Cummins pickup last month, but wound up going with Nitto Exo-Grappler's instead. Are the Falken M/T's on your Jeep 3-peak rated? How have you found them in the snow so far? These might be a great option for folks looking to upgrade from stock smaller tires that do more off-roading, though I suspect take-offs won't be as easy to come by as the KO2's.
Mine are the M/T. I don’t believe these are the AT3W. But I will say I’ve had really good performance in the bad snow we’ve gotten in Chicago recently. I’ve been very happy so far
CE2A4FCC-E2FA-459D-9A32-F510C2C0FE0E.jpeg

FinnCustomKnives

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Great looking Jeep! The Falken's are, if I'm not mistaken, the optional M/T upgrade you can select when ordering the Jeep new. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Rubicons ship with the base KO2's.

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires have gotten a bunch of attention recently (at least in the internet circles I read) for being a really long lasting and great 3-peak mountain snowflake tire, particularly in larger sizes. I almost put a set of 37" Wildpeak AT3W's on my Cummins pickup last month, but wound up going with Nitto Exo-Grappler's instead. Are the Falken M/T's on your Jeep 3-peak rated? How have you found them in the snow so far? These might be a great option for folks looking to upgrade from stock smaller tires that do more off-roading, though I suspect take-offs won't be as easy to come by as the KO2's.
The Falken M/T is optional, as is the white lettered OWL KO2, not sure I would really consider it an "upgrade" though as that entirely depends on use case. They are not 3 peak rated, like most MT's. We debated which to go with and ultimately decided on the "standard" BSW KO2 because of on road noise, on road grip/handling, it's snow rating, and it's wear rate. It's offroad performance is well more than adequate in all conditions, minus soupy muddy conditions where the MT would shine.

Honestly once we lift it, it'll probably get MT's like a KM3 or the likes. Which is another reason I figured we'd try the KO2 starting out.

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Picked mine up a couple weeks ago:
PXL_20201212_180710489.jpg

First mods began yesterday:
I have this exact set up on order right now down to the steel bumpers. Why did you decide to change the wheels?

Anu2g

First Name
Anu
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sarge Green JLR, '16 Cayman GT4
I have this exact set up on order right now down to the steel bumpers. Why did you decide to change the wheels?
Awesome, congratulations! Stock wheels looks great, honestly, and I do prefer the OEM offset versus most aftermarket ones. But I went aftermarket because I wanted Satin black wheels. I'm also going to be deleting all the red accents on the car. Just personal preference.

I will say, after going aftermarket, I get way more splash on the sides of my car.

Advertisement

Quadratec

Advertisement