Sarge Green with Tan Soft Top and Tan Leather

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Does anyone have the above setup? Is the tan premium top more difficult to keep clean than the black top? If you have any photos to share it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to finalize my color and I keep leaning back to this set up but have not seen one except via the Jeep builder. Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I think that combo would be sweet. I was considering the tan to for my white next year. I think if u are garage kept and u keep on top of the cleaning of it no issues. I think tan leather vs black for interior is way more forgiving so that’s why I think the tan top would be easy.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
That's my next favorite color combination. :like:

Great choice!

Other than mud, which is a pain to clean regardless, I would think tan would be as easy to clean as the black? Sometimes I have to brush clean the top (Sunrider black twill), but it's not generally stained. Microfiber cloth and clean water work great.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's my next favorite color combination. :like:

Great choice!

Other than mud, which is a pain to clean regardless, I would think tan would be as easy to clean as the black? Sometimes I have to brush clean the top (Sunrider black twill), but it's not generally stained. Microfiber cloth and clean water work great.
@Krondor knowing what you know now about the twill premium top would you still order it compared to the vinyl? It looks much nicer in my opinion, however, it appears it would be slightly more difficult to maintain. After you microfiber, do you vacuum the top to eliminate any fibers straggling?

I am in the process of repossessing my garage from the other half. I should have won the war by then .

Thanks for all the replies. If anyone has any pictures I'm still definitely interested in seeing them. Thanks!

Sponsored

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Go for it! Sounds like a winning combination.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
@Krondor knowing what you know now about the twill premium top would you still order it compared to the vinyl? It looks much nicer in my opinion, however, it appears it would be slightly more difficult to maintain. After you microfiber, do you vacuum the top to eliminate any fibers straggling?

I am in the process of repossessing my garage from the other half. I should have won the war by then .

Thanks for all the replies. If anyone has any pictures I'm still definitely interested in seeing them. Thanks!
Absolutely wouldn't go any other way than the Twill. Honestly, I just spray it clean through the car wash with the rest of the Jeep. The only time I get after it with a wet microfiber and brush (horse hair works great), is when I've been through mud or a bird was a shit. I don't let either stay if I can help it.

Fairly easy to clean to be honest and after two years, looks near new except for being dusty on the inside surface. :blush:

PS: I've never had to vacuum the exterior for loose fibers. I have tried to vacuum the dusty interior but found compressed air to be a lot better... if done outside.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the premium tan and it's 19 months old. Still looks like new though mine is kept in a garage.
What color is your vehicle? What about the interior? Photos? Thanks!!!

Sponsored