eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi I just purchase my first Wrangler ever I'm hoping to go to Santa Fe, NM during Labor Day weekend. Can anyone give me some recommendations on what trails to go to. I have never gone off roading and this is going to be my first trip on the Rubicon. I'm hoping to be able to see some nice scenery and do some light hiking. I'm not against doing some camping either. Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

KINGHAWV

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi! I am fairly new to off-roading with a vehicle as well.. I've had side by sides, dirt bikes, but this is my first. Got an Instagram?

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
If your new to off road and want some one to guide you through your first off road adventure I can recommend Santa Fe Jeep tours. You can take your own Jeep. Not cheap but they can help you familiarize what your new Rubicon can do. I did the Santa Fe Ski basin with some friends this spring. Great views and a fun but easy trail with lots of hiking trails also. I was there this last weekend and it was 50 degrees so pack a jacket if you go. Even if you don't use their services I think they would be glad to give you some advice on some of the trails.
https://santafejeeptours.com/bring-your-own-rig/

OP
OP
eder214

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! I am fairly new to off-roading with a vehicle as well.. I've had side by sides, dirt bikes, but this is my first. Got an Instagram?
Have you done any off-roading on the Jeep yet? My Instagram is eder214

OP
OP
eder214

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If your new to off road and want some one to guide you through your first off road adventure I can recommend Santa Fe Jeep tours. You can take your own Jeep. Not cheap but they can help you familiarize what your new Rubicon can do. I did the Santa Fe Ski basin with some friends this spring. Great views and a fun but easy trail with lots of hiking trails also. I was there this last weekend and it was 50 degrees so pack a jacket if you go. Even if you don't use their services I think they would be glad to give you some advice on some of the trails.
https://santafejeeptours.com/bring-your-own-rig/
Firstwave that's great information. Have you done any of their other tours?

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I suggest checking out the Rio Puerco area just north of Rio Rancho, about 45 min. from Santa Fe.

Firstwave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara 2018 Mazda CX9
Firstwave that's great information. Have you done any of their other tours?

I tagged along with a friend that had never had her Jeep off pavement. We took the Santa Fe Ski trail with the owner of the co. Followed his Jeep on mostly gravel roads but went off road a couple places where she got to flex the Jeep. They also take pictures for you. I think the other trails would be a little more challenging with some lasting all day. The reason I suggested this was if you get the owner he is a wealth of info on off roading and of course Jeeps. I have no affiliation with them but would like to try some other tours.
Sponsored