Sponsored

Santa Clarita on Sunday 3/19

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
If the weather holds out I'm hoping to get out to Santa Clarita this weekend and check out Del Sur Ridge. I'm thinking the snow should be gone by then.

I'd consider Del Sur an easy/moderate trail. I haven't been there in a while though so not sure of current conditions.

Anyone free to meet up?
Sponsored

ajLEEP21

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Clubs

Not sure yet, but sounds like fun. Last time I heard it will closed for a few weeks due to the weather. I'd check if it's open before you go.

RBII

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Jeep Rubicon, 2006 TJ Jeep Rubicon
If the weather holds out I'm hoping to get out to Santa Clarita this weekend and check out Del Sur Ridge. I'm thinking the snow should be gone by then.

I'd consider Del Sur an easy/moderate trail. I haven't been there in a while though so not sure of current conditions.

Anyone free to meet up?
Unfortunately I’m not able this weekend but count me in the next time you’re heading to Del Sur Ridge. I have an uncle in Santa Clarita… I’m in Huntington Beach.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Not sure yet, but sounds like fun. Last time I heard it will closed for a few weeks due to the weather. I'd check if it's open before you go.
Hmm ok thanks for the heads up. I can't seem to find any info online. The weather is now looking like rain on Sunday but maybe clear on Saturday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Where is the trailhead for Del Sur?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is the trailhead for Del Sur?
OK, I found it. So, from the south end of Bouquet at Coarsegold, up to the reservoir? Haven't wheeled on that side of the reservoir before. Looks like there are no gates, at least there weren't any when the satellite photos were taken....

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
OK, I found it. So, from the south end of Bouquet at Coarsegold, up to the reservoir? Haven't wheeled on that side of the reservoir before. Looks like there are no gates, at least there weren't any when the satellite photos were taken....
Yeah that's where you enter it. You have to drive past a few horse corrals to a staging area to where the actual trail starts. I go a few times a year. Really fun trail with lots of offshoots and great for beginners. The only gate that is closed that I know of is at the reservoir. There is one offshoot that goes up to some powerlines that they have blocked, but everything else is open. It can get quite muddy after the rains.

The nice thing is you usually have the trail to yourself. You'll see some motorcycles, but they tend to stick to the single tracks. Somehow I suspect this will be closed. I'd love to go back when it dries out a bit.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I usually take Coursegold and then back down Quarry to Bouquet. I've never gone past Quarry as I've always read there is a gate on the reservoir side.

Last time I went one of the offshoots seemed to be closed and there are reports on Alltrails that more offshoots maybe closed now.

I don't live too far from Santa Clarita so I may take a drive up just to check it out and see if it really is closed.

Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may go check out the area after I wake up Sunday morning.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I may go check out the area after I wake up Sunday morning.
If you go please report back and let me know if it's open. I was going to take a drive up today but got waylaid due to a license plate mount situation.

Most recent weather report is saying rain Sunday-Wednesday. :no:

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go please report back and let me know if it's open. I was going to take a drive up today but got waylaid due to a license plate mount situation.

Most recent weather report is saying rain Sunday-Wednesday. :no:
I’ll probably roll by there tomorrow and I will report. It’s not far for me

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
For anyone curious Alltrails report says Del Sur closed as of 3/19. I assume will be closed until Rowher opens up.

Edit: I was in the area today so I took a drive over and there is a closed sign as well as caution tape and cones blocking the entrance.

Last edited:

euler

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i, '22 Willys 2.0T
Does anyone know if this is open now? I want to go tomorrow AM (4/16).
Sponsored