Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
With ease for a while anyhow. There is zero chance your Jeep would work in the long term.
The wrangler is a capable vehicle to be sure. It is NOT designed for sustained driving in extreme environments. Off road driving in the US to TOTALLY different than driving in developing countries.
Even in places like South Africa or Australia where , the Jeep is simply not designed for that level of constant abuse and has a hard time out in the bush.
Again, the Jeep is hugely capable, but its use case is different.
In regions with roads like you see in Madagascar or Zimbabwe, a Jeep simply will not work. You need something like a 79 series or a Iveco Daily 4x4, which is designed to cope with those conditions. Shit pavement driving and survivable off road durability.
In the US, the wrangler has no need to deal with that. The road to the trails are among the best in the world. As a result, this where it will spend 95% of the time. So, it just needs to be tough enough to spend "some" of its time on those hard trails.
I will say it again. I saw nothing that my JEEP RUBICON could not handle with ease. Do not correct me to my opinion.
Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
With ease for a while anyhow. There is zero chance your Jeep would work in the long term.
The wrangler is a capable vehicle to be sure. It is NOT designed for sustained driving in extreme environments. Off road driving in the US to TOTALLY different than driving in developing countries.
Even in places like South Africa or Australia where , the Jeep is simply not designed for that level of constant abuse and has a hard time out in the bush.
In regions with roads like you see in Madagascar or Zimbabwe, a Jeep simply will not work. You need something like a 79 series or a Iveco Daily 4x4, which is designed to cope with those conditions. Shit pavement driving and survivable off road durability.
In the US, the wrangler has no need to deal with that. The road to the trails are among the best in the world. As a result, this where it will spend 95% of the time. So, it just needs to be tough enough to spend "some" of its time on those hard trails.
LOL

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure you watched the same show I watched, there were clearly other vehicles (not Ivecos and such) that were on those roads by locals. Pretty sure that for most of their obstacles a JLUR will have pretty much zero issue.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
awesome. i would love to have traxs on my jl and show up to work in a snow storm.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
My goodness, you know so much that isn’t so.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
They gonna be street legal? I have them on my Honda Foreman ATV for winter use. It's legally registered as a Snowmobile in the winter here in Maine. The change in gear ratio drops my ATV top speed from 55 mph in summer to 25-30 in winter with the tracks on. However the traction power gained offsets the speed lost. Of course when running it on groomed trails in winter you have to keep a sharp eye out for sledders who have some incredible machines speed wise. But then in untracked deep snow my capabilities far exceeds theirs.
IMG_0108.JPG
As a snowmobiler that regularly rides in untracked powder from 5ft-15ft deep, your atv with tracks will never come close to a snowmobile in capabilities in untracked powder. Lighter and better floatation.

The lodges in the Rocky Mtns use 4x4 vans with tracks on them as well. Those are really cool.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
As a snowmobiler that regularly rides in untracked powder from 5ft-15ft deep, your atv with tracks will never come close to a snowmobile in capabilities in untracked powder. Lighter and better floatation.

The lodges in the Rocky Mtns use 4x4 vans with tracks on them as well. Those are really cool.
Probably true. Until you stop.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I just watched the new Top Gear on Amazon Prime. Richard Hammond modified a Ford Focus with tracks. The three idiots were in Madagascar on roads and trails. The tracks were less than successful. I won’t spoil it for those who want to watch the show, but I will say that I saw nothing that my JLURD couldn’t handle with ease.
84A9DEB5-603F-4DBA-8FDC-971B7A6BC549.jpeg
We saw the show and thought the same thing.

I do want a Caterham, tho!

Sponsored

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Probably true. Until you stop.
No. Stopping and taking off is much easier on a snowmobile than any atv.
If you get stuck from a stop on a snowmobile, you clearly dont know how to ride. Not to mention, you will not get anywhere close, with your tracked atv, to the snow thats deep enough to make a rider actually have to work to get going from a dead stop.

Tracks are a great invention. But to say you can go more places easier than a snowmobile can, such as starting and stopping or low speeds through tight trees, and in deep snow is just incorrect.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
I just looked up how much those things cost. Holy shit.

Snaps3481

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon 3.0 Ecodiesel
Absolutely right about capabilities and needs. My ATV on tracks is a work vehicle (Honda Foreman 500+Camoplast tracks). I bought the tracks for use on my 55 acres of Sugarbush (Sugar Maple Trees) during Sapping season when there is lots of snow remaining from winter and I need to get around. For recreational use I would always recommend a Snowmachine. I have used my Tracked ATV to pull broken down Snowmachines out of the woods several times and it worked very well for that too. But for fun.... Snowmachines for sure.
Nice. What part of Maine are you in?

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just looked up how much those things cost. Holy shit.
They are cool but I'm with you.
I'm afraid the lack of that level of toy funds will keep me on the couch.
Sponsored