Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been driving in my country roads with lots of branches i was thinking having my baby wrap with a 3M pellicule or the hell with it few scratch wicht i might already have, after 1400 km with my new jeep just curious other people like me don’t care for scratches ? Waiting for lot more snow cheers

977200B6-E75E-4C38-B433-DC3EB273C43D.jpeg
How much lift do those tracks give you?...:CWL:

Sponsored

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Isn't a wrap damn near as much as a paint job? Unless you are doing something fun...repainting later may be as cheap, no?

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Do you have a spare Powertrack mounted on the back? :giggle:

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Isn't a wrap damn near as much as a paint job? Unless you are doing something fun...repainting later may be as cheap, no?
Should be like 3500 USD for a decent wrap on a Jeep.
With a vinyl wrap, shallow scratches can be "healed" with a heat gun and it will look like new again.
Even if you don't fix it, the worst thing to happen is it will look bad.
For 3-5k you can have a paint job which is likely better than what your Jeep came with though.
Maybe a better solution is to get some cheap DIY clear vinyl and pull it off once it looks too bad.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
They gonna be street legal? I have them on my Honda Foreman ATV for winter use. It's legally registered as a Snowmobile in the winter here in Maine. The change in gear ratio drops my ATV top speed from 55 mph in summer to 25-30 in winter with the tracks on. However the traction power gained offsets the speed lost. Of course when running it on groomed trails in winter you have to keep a sharp eye out for sledders who have some incredible machines speed wise. But then in untracked deep snow my capabilities far exceeds theirs.
IMG_0108.JPG
Could you clarify that? 'Cause I can't really imagine how?

Going super slow and maneuvering tightly are the only things I can possibly think of where a tracked ATV would be better in the snow, but that isn't really what snow mobiles are meant to do so.....

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Yeah, so going slow. In the deep stuff you need to keep moving. When you go to stop you need to do so strategically. Otherwise, welcome to stuckfest and struggle times.

I just think your comment about capabilities far exceeding those of a snow mobile is highly subjective to what you're trying to do.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Should be like 3500 USD for a decent wrap on a Jeep.
With a vinyl wrap, shallow scratches can be "healed" with a heat gun and it will look like new again.
Even if you don't fix it, the worst thing to happen is it will look bad.
For 3-5k you can have a paint job which is likely better than what your Jeep came with though.
Maybe a better solution is to get some cheap DIY clear vinyl and pull it off once it looks too bad.
The benefit of a wrap is once it’s on, you can drive/wheel it for a few years then remove the wrap and you’ll still have mint, original paint underneath it.
Around here a vehicle less than 10-15 years old that’s been repainted will be regarded as a vehicle that’s trying to hide something like previous damage

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Very insane(cool). I saw a JKU with tracks in Colorado a couple years ago. It was way back on a remote trail and thought it was sweet.
Photo of it
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks JKU on Tracks

BTW, tracked Jeeps happened once. An original 1956 CJ6 on tracks built for the Government. Several where custom ordered right from Jeep. They had something to do with FAA
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks CJ5 on tracks a
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks CJ5 on tracks b

Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks cj5 on tracks c

Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks CJ5 on tracks d
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks CJ5 on tracks e

http://www.ewillys.com/2013/11/12/cj-6-snowcat-by-sno-ball/

Last edited:

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I just watched the new Top Gear on Amazon Prime. Richard Hammond modified a Ford Focus with tracks. The three idiots were in Madagascar on roads and trails. The tracks were less than successful. I won’t spoil it for those who want to watch the show, but I will say that I saw nothing that my JLURD couldn’t handle with ease.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks 84A9DEB5-603F-4DBA-8FDC-971B7A6BC549

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I just watched the new Top Gear on Amazon Prime. Richard Hammond modified a Ford Focus with tracks. The three idiots were in Madagascar on roads and trails. The tracks were less than successful. I won’t spoil it for those who want to watch the show, but I will say that I saw nothing that my JLURD couldn’t handle with ease.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sane or insane with my JL on snow tracks 84A9DEB5-603F-4DBA-8FDC-971B7A6BC549
With ease for a while anyhow. There is zero chance your Jeep would work in the long term.
The wrangler is a capable vehicle to be sure. It is NOT designed for sustained driving in extreme environments. Off road driving in the US to TOTALLY different than driving in developing countries.
Even in places like South Africa or Australia where , the Jeep is simply not designed for that level of constant abuse and has a hard time out in the bush.
Again, the Jeep is hugely capable, but its use case is different.
In regions with roads like you see in Madagascar or Zimbabwe, a Jeep simply will not work. You need something like a 79 series or a Iveco Daily 4x4, which is designed to cope with those conditions. Shit pavement driving and survivable off road durability.
In the US, the wrangler has no need to deal with that. The road to the trails are among the best in the world. As a result, this where it will spend 95% of the time. So, it just needs to be tough enough to spend "some" of its time on those hard trails.
Sponsored