Robjoh521

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler 2018, Grand Cherokee 2014, Saab 1993 Turbo conv 5 speed
Hi,

I received this email the other day and it definitely appears to be a fishing email. I just got off the phone with FCA recall rep and confirmed they do not send recall emails.

Notice the misspelling of UTILTIY. Also, the link recalls.mopar.com is not secure.

Has anyone received this?

"URGENT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Thank you for contacting the FCA US Recall Information Center regarding Safety Recall UA5. We

appreciate your patience while waiting for repair parts to become available.

Your JEEP WRANGLER SPORT 4X4 SPORT UTILTIY 2-DOOR requires .

Schedule your FREE repair NOW by calling the .

Recall notice issued to:
Robert XXXX
Vehicle information:
VIN - 1C4XXXXXXX
JEEP WRANGLER SPORT 4X4 SPORT UTILTIY 2-DOOR

Recall information:
2018-2019 JL TRACK BAR WELD

If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the Schedule your FREE repair NOW by calling the or visit recalls.mopar.com to speak or chat live with

Repair Details

We strongly recommend that you have this safety recall repair performed immediately.

How do I schedule my FREE repair?

FCA US will repair your vehicle FREE of charge. To do this, your dealer will . In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation and check-out during your visit. Your time is important to us; please be aware that these steps may require more time. . However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules.

Scheduling Options

1. Call , and we will get you scheduled for this FREE repair right away. We will assist you with scheduling an appointment that is convenient for you to have this safety recall repair performed at no charge

2. Contact your JEEP dealer directly to schedule an appointment. Ask the dealer to hold the parts for your vehicle or to order them before your appointment. Mention Safety Recall UA5, and have your VIN ready when calling

If you have already had this repair completed, no action is necessary.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter."
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi,

I received this email the other day and it definitely appears to be a fishing email. I just got off the phone with FCA recall rep and confirmed they do not send recall emails.

Notice the misspelling of UTILTIY. Also, the link recalls.mopar.com is not secure.

Thank you for contacting the FCA US Recall Information Center regarding Safety Recall UA5. We

Recall notice issued to:
Robert XXXX
Vehicle information:
VIN - 1C4XXXXXXX

Recall information:

If you no longer own this vehicle, please help us update our records. Call the Schedule your FREE repair NOW by calling the or visit recalls.mopar.com to speak or chat live with

Repair Details

We strongly recommend that you have this safety recall repair performed immediately.

FCA US will repair your vehicle FREE of charge. To do this, your dealer will . In addition, your dealer will require your vehicle for proper check-in, preparation and check-out during your visit. Your time is important to us; please be aware that these steps may require more time. . However, additional time may be necessary depending on service schedules.

Scheduling Options

1. Call , and we will get you scheduled for this FREE repair right away. We will assist you with scheduling an appointment that is convenient for you to have this safety recall repair performed at no charge

2. Contact your JEEP dealer directly to schedule an appointment. Ask the dealer to hold the parts for your vehicle or to order them before your appointment. Mention Safety Recall UA5, and have your VIN ready when calling

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but are sincerely concerned about your safety. Thank you for your attention to this important matter."
Hello! The website recalls.mopar.com actually is ours, you can also visit it here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Recall UA5 is an active recall for certain Jeeps. If you'd like us to look into this for you, you can private message us your VIN.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Hello! The website recalls.mopar.com actually is ours, you can also visit it here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

Recall UA5 is an active recall for certain Jeeps. If you'd like us to look into this for you, you can private message us your VIN.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Hi,

Recall notice issued to:
Robert XXXX
Vehicle information:
VIN - 1C4XXXXXXX

Recall information:

Repair Details

Scheduling Options

So what's the scam? The UA5 is real and they are asking you to schedule through an authorized dealer.

Perhaps thinking this through before trying to alert the world what a huge discovery was made would have been a better strategy.

Wow, is the forum really getting to this level?

OP
OP
Robjoh521

Robjoh521

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
So what's the scam? The UA5 is real and they are asking you to schedule through an authorized dealer.

Perhaps thinking this through before trying to alert the world what a huge discovery was made would have been a better strategy.

The point is the FCA recall people don't email out recall notices, they come via snail mail. Also there are too many misspellings and incomplete sentences. And this recall was completed over 6 months ago.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

The point is the FCA recall people don't email out recall notices, they come via snail mail. Also there are too many misspellings and incomplete sentences. And this recall was completed over 6 months ago.
Like I said....what's the scam? And you're wrong, I have had recalls emailed to me form mother Mopar with a follow up on each via snail mail and also follow up phone calls. 3 of them on my Challenger Hellcat. I don't know if I set something up for that to happen but it happened. Still don't understand the scam?

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If you were being asked for banking info, SS #, etc, then a concern. This is a NOTIFICATION, not a phishing expedition...good to be "aware", but not hair trigger so

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap people, jumping on the OP for being cautious about a scam? Read the friggin' email. The language is ATROCIOUS, a first indicator that something is amiss. If it is an actual email that was sent by FCA then the person who wrote it and the person who proofed it should be demoted ASAP.

To the OP: I think you need to check the URL behind the link they give you. If it does, in fact, take you DIRECTLY to the FCA site, then all is well. If it is a redirect, then yes, it is a scam. Just right click on the link given and it will show the information "behind" the link.

I think you are being an alert and cautious consumer. There are many typos and incorrect language usages in the email. That usually points to a scam. Just one for instance: "Call the schedule your FREE repair now."

Hope it's all on the up and up.

OP
OP
Robjoh521

Robjoh521

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I said....what's the scam? And you're wrong, I have had recalls emailed to me form mother Mopar with a follow up on each via snail mail and also follow up phone calls. 3 of them on my Challenger Hellcat. I don't know if I set something up for that to happen but it happened. Still don't understand the scam?
Holy crap people, jumping on the OP for being cautious about a scam? Read the friggin' email. The language is ATROCIOUS, a first indicator that something is amiss. If it is an actual email that was sent by FCA then the person who wrote it and the person who proofed it should be demoted ASAP.

To the OP: I think you need to check the URL behind the link they give you. If it does, in fact, take you DIRECTLY to the FCA site, then all is well. If it is a redirect, then yes, it is a scam. Just right click on the link given and it will show the information "behind" the link.

I think you are being an alert and cautious consumer. There are many typos and incorrect language usages in the email. That usually points to a scam. Just one for instance: "Call the schedule your FREE repair now."

Hope it's all on the up and up.
Chipe, I made the poor presumption that my post would be read in its entirety. What I failed to mention in my original post was the link provided appears to be not secure, http://recalls.mopar.com

I chose not to open it.

Also the sender was [email protected] ?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Chipe, I made the poor presumption that my post would be read in its entirety. What I failed to mention in my original post was the link provided appears to be not secure, http://recalls.mopar.com

I chose not to open it.

I read your post entirely. Unfortunately lots of corporate sites are not secure sites. Since you’re not being solicited for financial information, and they already have your name and vehicle information, the recall is for a known issue, and some here are assuring you that they’ve been contacted in the same manner and it’s legit, I’d presume that you’d conclude that it’s legitimate even though the email isn’t perfect. I am wrong. Proceed at your own risk.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

I chose not to open it.

Yeah, some want to jump in but I think the intentions are good. It's hard to "emote" by typing and using a keyboard. From your post count, I see that you are fairly new to this site. Don't let this thread and some of the reactions you are getting turn you off to this site: it's a great place with great people

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
FCA might (might) not send out recall notices, but your dealer can. I checked my email and I have a half dozen emails from my local servicing dealer (not the dealer who sold me my Ram or Jeep, by the way) with similar details in it.

The one I got may be a 3rd party service the dealer uses to drive more traffic in. The emails I have came from [email protected] and some "rah rah we're such a great dealer" type advertising in it.

The email address and typos makes me think somebody hit send a little too soon on the one you got.

OP
OP
Robjoh521

Robjoh521

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, some want to jump in but I think the intentions are good. It's hard to "emote" by typing and using a keyboard. From your post count, I see that you are fairly new to this site. Don't let this thread and some of the reactions you are getting turn you off to this site: it's a great place with great people
PS, love your pups. Where in NY are you?
I'm in the Hudson Valley, the dogs are Bernese Mountain Dogs, sisters. Maggie, one with more white passed away last year. I have fairly thick skin so the reactions don't bother me. It's just that I had never received an email recall before and it looked very strange. I stand corrected about FCA sending Recall emails. Working in cyber security all these years makes me cautious with any email that doesn't look right. When i called FCA recall people they said other callers had voiced similar questions over the same email. I think it maybe it was a test broadcast message based on the sender email address.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the Hudson Valley, the dogs are Bernese Mountain Dogs, sisters. Maggie, one with more white passed away last year. I have fairly thick skin so the reactions don't bother me. It's just that I had never received an email recall before and it looked very strange. I stand corrected about FCA sending Recall emails. Working in cyber security all these years makes me cautious with any email that doesn't look right. When i called FCA recall people they said other callers had voiced similar questions over the same email. I think it maybe it was a test broadcast message based on the sender email address.
I am in Connecticut now but spent 47 years in Western New York, the Greater Buffalo area. Grew up there and started out my priesthood there in Kenmore, NY, then Rochester, then Westfield, then Connecticut. LOL

My daughter so desperately wants a Burmese Mountain dog. Hmmmpf. She grew up with all of our Lab rescues and I thought it would rub off, but she fell in love with a friend's Burmese and that's that. She just had her first child so the dog is going to wait. :). Her husband is from Poughkipsee but they now live in Boston.
Sponsored