Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Already bought it as it came highly recommended by several people. I found it to be a solid meh. I guess I like hearing more personal experience. It did help me pick another trail or two.
We own that and it is well used. I think it is a good book to own and frankly I think we would have had a heck of a time finding the turn off for the Top of the World trail without it.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We arrive at Moab on the 16th late afternoon.
WHAT?!?! Let's wheel together! I still have your cell in our PM, I think we get into town that day as well. I'll keep you posted.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We plan to wheel at Moab from the 16th through the 24th of July, then head to the Rubicon Trail. on the 24th.or the 25th. We are a little flexible on time. Run the Rubicon trail then head back to Michigan. We are staying at the Slickrock Campground. There will be three of us in JLURs. My white one, a Punk" N and a string ray grey. Michigan Plates. We will be a long way from home.

View attachment 342690
WHAT?!?! Let's wheel together! I still have your cell in our PM, I think we get into town that day as well. I'll keep you posted.
And I fixed my locker...... thanks to your post.

Give me a call. We are headed that way on the morning of the 15th. Give me a call and chat while we are driving.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We plan to wheel at Moab from the 16th through the 24th of July, then head to the Rubicon Trail. on the 24th.or the 25th. We are a little flexible on time. Run the Rubicon trail then head back to Michigan. We are staying at the Slickrock Campground. There will be three of us in JLURs. My white one, a Punk" N and a string ray grey. Michigan Plates. We will be a long way from home.

View attachment 342690

And I fixed my locker...... thanks to your post.

Give me a call. We are headed that way on the morning of the 15th. Give me a call and chat while we are driving.
I'll give you a call next week and we can work out a time to meet up and wheel together. Glad the locker issue is all fixed. Were you able to finally get the error code to clear too from the dash?

Sponsored

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
3 1/2 days until we hit the road. I just need to stay away from the covid like The plague in onE of the current US hot spots. :punch::whew:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
You’re going to have a blast.

anyone that’s in Moab now, we’re doing elephant hill in the am. Message me if you want to join. There’s two JL diesels that will be coming too. Those are awesome btw and wheel great

brett

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
3 1/2 days until we hit the road. I just need to stay away from the covid like The plague in onE of the current US hot spots. :punch::whew:
Super excited for you. We wound up meeting up with @wibornz @Bilbo Dragonfly and @flipper and ran some trails with them. Great group and we had a blast with 4 JLs out on the trail. Make sure you check out Metal Masher, great trail with AMAZING views and some good challenges.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You’re going to have a blast.

anyone that’s in Moab now, we’re doing elephant hill in the am. Message me if you want to join. There’s two JL diesels that will be coming too. Those are awesome btw and wheel great

brett
Missed you by a day... lol. Drove from Moab to Shamrock TX yesterday and getting ready to get back on road now.

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Super excited for you. We wound up meeting up with @wibornz @Bilbo Dragonfly and @flipper and ran some trails with them. Great group and we had a blast with 4 JLs out on the trail. Make sure you check out Metal Masher, great trail with AMAZING views and some good challenges.
I was recommended this trail. Probability of body damage?

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, there are some great challenges as you go along the trail but the really hard ones can be bypassed. As long as you aren't an idiot you will be fine. The one obstacle called "The Widow Maker" is no joke and you could easily tip backwards. You can bypass it and it is clearly marked on the trail where to bypass. We took the bypass route and then doubled back the route to where the widow maker is to look at it. There is now a winch point installed but even with that it is a nail biter. We forgot to check out Rock Chucker obstacle.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We ran elephant hill and it’s become my new Moab favorite. Not really challenging but a ton of fun and good obstacles. Seeing the confluence is awesome!

brett

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We ran elephant hill and it’s become my new Moab favorite. Not really challenging but a ton of fun and good obstacles. Seeing the confluence is awesome!

brett
Nice! Is it true they are only allowing 25 rigs per day to run that?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Is it true they are only allowing 25 rigs per day to run that?
yes. worth it and the drive. Can get the permit in the morning before heading out

brett
Sponsored