72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Black Bear will open Thursday of this week and looks like Poughkeepsie will reopen July 18! :rock:
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It's H O T in the Sand Hollow area. Temps are around 102 during the day and even at 6PM it's still 100 but the sun is not as intense. We are going to run West Rim trail today and also meet up with some other Jeepers over the weekend to run The Maze and also Toquerville Falls which looks amazing.
We ran up to Cedar City yesterday and wondered back into Dixie Forest... wow, we thought we were in CO because of how much it looked like San Juan. We discovered this gem of a lake called Navajo Lake up in the middle of BFE in the mountains... lol. There are also some cool lava flow remnants up in the mountains VERY diverse landscapes up here in Dixie Forest.
We ran up to Sand Hollow the other night to orient ourselves as well.
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July 62FF2BFC-2667-40D5-AAEE-C15C12C32C3A.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4194
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4196
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4254.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4257
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4260
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July 200706_0000
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July IMG_4262

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Curious where you guys are getting the intel on what's open near Silverton/Ouray? We are headed there next week...

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Curious where you guys are getting the intel on what's open near Silverton/Ouray? We are headed there next week...
I’m using a combination of platforms in conjunction with this thread including this link:
http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Also I had my wife start following a FB group by “San Juan Mountain Trail Group” or something along those lines with lots of friendly members with a ton of local info.

I also have a thread on another forum with members that have wheeled SJM and Moabs with lots of great info.

I try to follow as many local businesses through my IG account.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m using a combination of platforms in conjunction with this thread including this link:
http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Also I had my wife start following a FB group by “San Juan Mountain Trail Group” or something along those lines with lots of friendly members with a ton of local info.

I also have a thread on another forum with members that have wheeled SJM and Moabs with lots of great info.

I try to follow as many local businesses through my IG account.
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July 1594245541168

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Thanks!!

Just read the FS website and it says Poughkeepsie is closed INDEFINITELY due to repeated cutting of the gate locks and off-trail damage?! :mad::mad::mad:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!

Just read the FS website and it says Poughkeepsie is closed INDEFINITELY due to repeated cutting of the gate locks and off-trail damage?! :mad::mad::mad:
Wow. I can't stand when the handful of idiots ruins it for the rest of us.

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Thanks!!

No. That’s the current status. But a local group has been WORKING HARD to clean up all the avalanche debris and damage from the idiots for the FS to consider reopening it. They are very hopeful it will be reopened pending a final “blessing” from the FS. July 18th is supposed to be the day they get the final decision.

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I get one shot at planning this for a group of 3 families for a trip I’ve been wanting to make for 20 years so yes I’ve been a little thorough. But our plans are still only about 70% filled. :CWL:

Sponsored

spearsmom

First Name
Janna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JL 2.0L Turbo, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2010 Mazda 3
Planning to head to the San Juan Mtns and Moab the last week of July. Anyone planning to be there around the same time? It’ll be a group of 2 Rubicons and 1 Sahara on 37s. The first half of the week we will be doing Black Bear, Imogene, Poughkeepsie Gulch (if open) and possibly others depending on time availability. The second half of the week in Moab we will be running Top of the World, Hell’s Revenge/ Gate, Poison Spider (to name a few).

Anyone care to join? Really hoping to find someone with a similar setup to lead us thru Moab.
You need to pick up this trail guide if you don't already have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July Moab trails

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
You need to pick up this trail guide if you don't already have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Mtns/ Moab July Moab trails
Already bought it as it came highly recommended by several people. I found it to be a solid meh. I guess I like hearing more personal experience. It did help me pick another trail or two.

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Dang... sounds like the 18th is a big day for Black Bear and Poughkeepsie... we are going to be a week too early this year :crying: Ah well, just a good excuse to come back again next year!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I get one shot at planning this for a group of 3 families for a trip I’ve been wanting to make for 20 years so yes I’ve been a little thorough. But our plans are still only about 70% filled. :CWL:
I think you're doing it right, I just take every opportunity I get to bust someone's balls ;)
Sponsored