72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Crap, we will miss you by a week. We ran all of those trails in Moab and most of the CO ones too on 33s with open diffs. We now ride on 44s with lockers and 37s so we will be built like you.
We will be leaving NC to go to Sand Hollow on 7/3 and then in Moab around 7/14 and leaving Moab 7/19 or 7/20.
Let me know if y our dates change and maybe we can meet up.
Don't forget to run both the southern and northern loop of Fins-N-Things. It is one of teh most fun trails we have ever been on. There is a section you run near the end that is almost exclusvely on rock and it's like a roller coaster, so much fun.
Bummer. Our dates won’t be changing as we all have our time off set and our houses booked. But then again with the current climate in world events, we can’t be sure.

Last year, for instance, they had something like 20 avalanches in the passes and next to Ourey so even in the middle of July BB was closed as was half of Imogene. You couldn't completely run the Alpine Loop because of the avalanches. We parked next to a 15 foot snow bank in the middle of July, it was crazy.
locals reported a significant decrease in snow activity compared to last year. Then again it just snowed there last week :CWL:
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
3 more weeks before we hit the road!

:devil: :rock:
We start our Journey tomorrow night. Already spoke to Brad at Dixie 4 Wheel and he said to come visit and he will hit some Sand Hollow trails with us :)
Also "met" some other Jeepers through FB who will be in SH that we will wheel with.

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Take plenty of pics to post and any recommendations once you make it back. Stay safe and have fun! :beer:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Take plenty of pics to post and any recommendations once you make it back. Stay safe and have fun! :beer:
Will do and you as well. Can't wait and we have even better news... we sold our flower shop (close August 31st) so that means the last week of October we will be MOVING to St. George (the general area)!! Sand Hollow will be our backyard as well as Zion :)
You will need to come to SH and we can wheel then :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Will do and you as well. Can't wait and we have even better news... we sold our flower shop (close August 31st) so that means the last week of October we will be MOVING to St. George (the general area)!! Sand Hollow will be our backyard as well as Zion :)
You will need to come to SH and we can wheel then :)
I’m hoping the rest of the family will get hooked and will want to move :CWL:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
3 more weeks before we hit the road!

:devil: :rock:
We moved our departure up a day to the 16th I think to give a little more scheduling freedom

Brett

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We moved our departure up a day to the 16th I think to give a little more scheduling freedom

Brett
What day are you arriving in Moab? We leave Moab on 7/19.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
What day are you arriving in Moab? We leave Moab on 7/19.
I think the 20th or so. Wheeling Colorado on our way there hitting black bear pass. Just need to be in South Lake Tahoe by the 25th

Brett

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I’m heading there from Denver earlier on the 23rd. We are staying in Ouray until the 28th. Plan on Imogene, Ophir, Engineer, Yankee Boy Basin to climb Mt. Sneffels, and maybe Black Bear. I know of a couple hidden gem lakes as well plus some waterfalls.

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
I’m heading there from Denver earlier on the 23rd. We are staying in Ouray until the 28th. Plan on Imogene, Ophir, Engineer, Yankee Boy Basin to climb Mt. Sneffels, and maybe Black Bear. I know of a couple hidden gem lakes as well plus some waterfalls.
We will be in the general area from the 25-29. Keep me posted if you want to join us or we can join you. Be nice to have someone to show us around. Definitely hoping to put in Black Bear. Shoot me a PM with your # if you wouldn’t mind meeting up. You coming with a group?
Sponsored