San Juan Mtns/ Moab July

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Planning to head to the San Juan Mtns and Moab the last week of July. Anyone planning to be there around the same time? It’ll be a group of 2 Rubicons and 1 Sahara on 37s. The first half of the week we will be doing Black Bear, Imogene, Poughkeepsie Gulch (if open) and possibly others depending on time availability. The second half of the week in Moab we will be running Top of the World, Hell’s Revenge/ Gate, Poison Spider (to name a few).

Anyone care to join? Really hoping to find someone with a similar setup to lead us thru Moab.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I'd love to go, but have to work. I must admit, though, Blackbear pass (if it the correct one) scares the hell out of me! Lol!

Looking forward to stories and pics from the trip! Sounds like it'll be one for the books!

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
as of today, we will be out there early july, but that date has moved a couple times. we are waiting for Jimmy's to finish a car, if that happens a couple weeks late we should be out there at the same time.

ill get back to you if the date changes (again)

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Man, I'd love to go, but have to work. I must admit, though, Blackbear pass (if it the correct one) scares the hell out of me! Lol!

Looking forward to stories and pics from the trip! Sounds like it'll be one for the books!
Stick it to the man and tell them you’re going wheelin’!! Yes the same BB. :devil:
as of today, we will be out there early july, but that date has moved a couple times. we are waiting for Jimmy's to finish a car, if that happens a couple weeks late we should be out there at the same time.

ill get back to you if the date changes (again)
Sounds good bud. “Out there” referring to Moab?...considering you’re building a Jimmy’s car I’m assuming.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Planning to head to the San Juan Mtns and Moab the last week of July. Anyone planning to be there around the same time? It’ll be a group of 2 Rubicons and 1 Sahara on 37s. The first half of the week we will be doing Black Bear, Imogene, Poughkeepsie Gulch (if open) and possibly others depending on time availability. The second half of the week in Moab we will be running Top of the World, Hell’s Revenge/ Gate, Poison Spider (to name a few).

Anyone care to join? Really hoping to find someone with a similar setup to lead us thru Moab.
We are heading to Ouray second week of August for 10 days. We planned it spur of the moment a month back (wifes a nurse hard for her to change schedual at this point). Would have joined you at least part of the time with an earlier heads up. Sounds like a good time your headed for.

You mentioned Poughkeepsie (if open) That is one of our favorites what would it be closed for in July, Did something crazy happen?

Sponsored

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
We are heading to Ouray second week of August for 10 days. We planned it spur of the moment a month back (wifes a nurse hard for her to change schedual at this point). Would have joined you at least part of the time with an earlier heads up. Sounds like a good time your headed for.

You mentioned Poughkeepsie (if open) That is one of our favorites what would it be closed for in July, Did something crazy happen?
Per the SJM Facebook page, members still show those closed. I think Imogene may already be open. I’m sure BB and PG will be open by late July as well. We’ve had this trip planned since January. I shoulda posted this thread sooner. My bad!

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Check out our trip thread too! We’re doing Colorado, Moab and rubicon. Leaving around July 17th and making our way to be at the rubicon on the 25/26 wheeling the way there then stopping all along the way home

Brett

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good bud. “Out there” referring to Moab?...considering you’re building a Jimmy’s car I’m assuming.
yes and yes were going to give 4500 a run in February

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah! Awesome.
im gonna be a rock stacking SOB,
co-driving on dot37s in the hammers isn't exactly the workout i wanted, but ill take it.

Sponsored

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
Just a heads up, but you probably already know that things are on the HOT side in Moab in July.

Hunter

OP
OP
72Blazer

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Just a heads up, but you probably already know that things are on the HOT side in Moab in July.

Hunter
Yes. On another forum I’ve gotten a lot of feedback for trails and conditions. We will be cranking the AC, drinking plenty of water, and sitting poolside in the afternoons.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Crap, we will miss you by a week. We ran all of those trails in Moab and most of the CO ones too on 33s with open diffs. We now ride on 44s with lockers and 37s so we will be built like you.
We will be leaving NC to go to Sand Hollow on 7/3 and then in Moab around 7/14 and leaving Moab 7/19 or 7/20.
Let me know if y our dates change and maybe we can meet up.
Don't forget to run both the southern and northern loop of Fins-N-Things. It is one of teh most fun trails we have ever been on. There is a section you run near the end that is almost exclusvely on rock and it's like a roller coaster, so much fun.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Last year, for instance, they had something like 20 avalanches in the passes and next to Ourey so even in the middle of July BB was closed as was half of Imogene. You couldn't completely run the Alpine Loop because of the avalanches. We parked next to a 15 foot snow bank in the middle of July, it was crazy.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Last year, for instance, they had something like 20 avalanches in the passes and next to Ourey so even in the middle of July BB was closed as was half of Imogene. You couldn't completely run the Alpine Loop because of the avalanches. We parked next to a 15 foot snow bank in the middle of July, it was crazy.
Dang. I know we usually see some snow in the high passes but never as you described. That is crazy.
Sponsored