Sponsored

San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Had another full day today after taking Wed. off to do some Durango stuff. Ran Engineer from Engineer Connector up to the summit. That was a pretty easy run, a few spots where you had to be careful but overall not bad, and the views on top were crazy good! Glad I aired down in Silverton as the San Juan County road 2 is a razor rock chatter box.
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211044b_HDR~2

Coming back down Engineer, and then West to Poughkeepsie Gulch (via the Mineral Creek section of Engineer) is where it got a bit sketchy. The section about a 1/4 mile before the Poughkeepsie trailhead there's some off camber ledges and some blind drops, luckily a guy broke down in an old fj40 spotted me in this section so it's all good.

Earlier a truck had to be winched in two directions to keep him on the trail in this section and he was going up! So if you attempt this going in the East to West direction be ready for this section, it's short but it's there!

Ran Poughkeepsie and thought that was a great trail, not sure which one was my fav, this or Imogene??? Videos don't really show how steep the loose rock climb is prior to the wall turnoff, but it was a fun run up that section. The large rocks in the stream area are a nice challenge to keep from grabbing your tires, rashing your wheels, or sliders. Had another set of eyes helping me out there and got through without a scratch.

Took the bypass as I believe my open diffs wouldn't have been up to the task, but I'd be willing to give it a run next time, with the right spotter/line who knows??

Such a nice variety of terrain, obstacles, and scenery make this a superb trail, and having beautiful Lake Como waiting on top is just icing on the cake.

Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211218_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211246

We then went up Hurricane Pass to overlook Lake Como and Poughkeepsie

Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211356

Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211400

Then finished up with Corkscrew pass, great way to end the day, such a cool contrast seeing the red mountains around all the green. And had to visit the most scenic outhouse in North America :)
Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211447b

Jeep Wrangler JL San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others. 0909211455a_HDR

This concludes our trail running this trip, we are leaving a day early as have some stuff to tend to, but already going to take the same week off next year as it really was a perfect time to go!

And next year will hit Black Bear and see about that "Wall" :)
Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I see you like Volbeat! They are one of my faves too.

Looks like a fantastic trip!

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I see you like Volbeat! They are one of my faves too.

Looks like a fantastic trip!
Thanks, yeah, it was a pretty epic getaway :)

Seen Volbeat 4x, and should have been 5 but Covid said no :(
Can never have enough Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood!
Sponsored