Sponsored

San Juan Badge of Honor trip planned Sept 7-10, would be nice to meet w/ a few others.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Going to Durango as our home base on Labor Day and hoping to hit Ophir then Imogene on Tues, then Engineer/Poughkeepsie area Wednesday, and work to Black Bear Pass probably Friday (assuming the wife is still on board :) ) Have a couple other folks interested to drive up with us but not sure if they will end up joining us.

Seems like going Tuesday Sept 7th through Sat the 11th should be a good time as far as the runoff being minimal, avoiding the labor day crowd, and prior to the Jeep Jamboree onslaught starting Sept 16th. I doubt we'll be running trails every day as the wife wants to do some Durango stuff and not have the whole trip just Jeepin lol.

Would be great to meet up with a few members on the site to run whatever trails they have time for. Never been to this area to off road so would be very cool to have someone w/ local knowledge or just other Jeeps to have fun and tackle the trails as a group rather than having to fly solo.

I have a 2dr Sport S w/ Rubicon suspension, high fenders, winch, and should have my 35s mounted up by then and hopefully my skids installed. I have open diffs so Poughkeepsie Gulch might have to reevaluate, lol.

At any rate, if anyone might be in the area during that time and would like to put something together, just post up as there's still quite a bit of time to sort things out.

TIA!
Sponsored

Last edited:

cschlosser01

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I could maybe meet up on the 11th. I live about an hour south of Durango. Right now I am working the week days but will be off that Saturday.

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I could maybe meet up on the 11th. I live about an hour south of Durango. Right now I am working the week days but will be off that Saturday.
Sounds great! Have to keep in touch as it gets closer, have you ran most of those trails?
I'll sub to this thread as a maybe.
Excellent, I'll keep you posted as things move along, and have you ran those trails too? :)

cschlosser01

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Automotive Technician
I have not. I just moved to the area in June.

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I checked my hotel booking and we're checking out Sat the 11th, so plans will probably be running Ophir/Imogene Tues, Engineer/Poughkeepsie Wed. and Black Bear Friday w/ Thursday as "make it not all about you" day (prolly shopping and Durango stuff).

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Just FYI, you can bypass the section of Poughkipsee that requires lockers. Or you can winch yourself up the worst using club installed winch points. I have not done the rough section for years but it used to be a fairly substantial challenge.

I have lived here for 20 years and run the area trails longer than that even. Happy to answer and questions and may be up for some trail rides. That is a long way off for me, I'm not exactly sure what tomorrow holds even. :)

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just FYI, you can bypass the section of Poughkipsee that requires lockers. Or you can winch yourself up the worst using club installed winch points. I have not done the rough section for years but it used to be a fairly substantial challenge.

I have lived here for 20 years and run the area trails longer than that even. Happy to answer and questions and may be up for some trail rides. That is a long way off for me, I'm not exactly sure what tomorrow holds even. :)
Thanks Frank, I'll get together a few questions and shoot you a PM in the next few days, great to have your local knowledge, I'm sure it will come in handy.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm local so maybe. Been so busy with work I won't know until a few days before.

I've got a full shop -- if you wind up with unforseen mechanical issues.
Sponsored