Sponsored

Sahara Wrangler as daily driver

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I daily drive in all kinds of traffic and have no issues. I have owned a TJ and JK and this JLR is by far the best one. I actually own a couple of other sports cars and I prefer daily driving the Rubicon over any of them. You won't regret it.
Sponsored

Pappy11

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JL
The Sahara is a great daily driver ... until the death wobble comes knockin'. Ours went 8000 miles before it showed up. Other than that, it drives like a comfortable SUV.
wow only 8k before it showed up...so what did they do....

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Love mine as a daily driver. She's got a about 6.5k in the first 3 months and its been great both on and off road. Is it as smooth as a grand cherokee or cherokee...probably not, it bounces around the road a bit more and is a stiffer ride. But it tracks very straight and haven't seen a sniff of death wobble at all. Key for me was getting my PSI down to about 34, everything since then has been great. Compared to my 2012 JK, its a much better ride and the sky one touch makes it even better, I'd go for it.

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I drive a minimum of 90 miles a day in my 18 JLUS. I love my Wrangler.

Sponsored

Redx2

First Name
Heather D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JL
26k miles on my Sahara as a daily + driving weekly between LA & the high desert - a good mix between city highways, dirt roads, and off-roading through Johnson Valley, Big Bear, etc. I don't picture myself ever driving another vehicle. Bettie the Jeep performs as well going 80mph on the highway as she does on rocky trails. She's fancy enough to drive around my million-dollar clients (realtor) and capable enough to feel powerful driving up & down sandy hills when it rains in the desert. I frequently have to take business calls through the speakers while driving on the highway in my soft top - probably a little loud for the person on the other end but no issues on mine. My husband has the 2-door sport soft top & his is considerably louder for some reason.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
My Sahara is my DD into DT Houston and it does just fine, it’s pretty bouncy on windy days but I like the ride, if I were to want it less bouncy maybe go with a different shock

760BBED4-8933-4C37-B848-E0584B8DA7B3.jpeg
like the look of this stubby front bumper, nice build!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I use mine as a DD, and have been quite impressed with the ride and gas mileage. The drive, and ride is much better than I expected from a Wrangler.

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Sahara as a dd. Came from a 2014 A6. The ride is fine for a daily driver. The ride is not an Audi or BMW, but it’s a hell of a lot more fun. I have no regrets and honestly should have made the change sooner. Go for it.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
The 2019 is my third Sahara DD, had a 2010 and a 2015. This is by far the best of the lot and I do not regret it for a minute.

My RAM is getting almost no use anymore.

Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hello, I currently own a 2016 jeep cherokee Trailhawk. I am thinking of buying a new vehicle. I am always impressed by availability of aftermarket products for wranglers. I also like the look of it. Do newer wranglers provide a smoother ride for a daily driver? I will test drive one soon to see what has changed in terms of ride, comforts, features etc. I am wondering what your opinions/recommendations are for someone coming from an suv life style. Thanks for your inputs.
It's a great daily driver. We have a sahara on a 3 1/2" lift and drives just as smooth as stock. Coming from a tahoe we knew we'd sacrifice a bit of comfort but I can't see myself not driving a jeep anymore.

rcc1123

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hello, I currently own a 2016 jeep cherokee Trailhawk. I am thinking of buying a new vehicle. I am always impressed by availability of aftermarket products for wranglers. I also like the look of it. Do newer wranglers provide a smoother ride for a daily driver? I will test drive one soon to see what has changed in terms of ride, comforts, features etc. I am wondering what your opinions/recommendations are for someone coming from an suv life style. Thanks for your inputs.
My JLUS is a daily driver for me. I love it!

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
I'm a sports car guy, and the Wrangler (2dr/stick) isn't my daily, but I would be fine with it if it was. I'm surprised how much I enjoy driving it. (Although the loose steering and throttle stutter need to go.) I often snag it when my wife isn't using it.

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
2018 JL Sahara. Daily drive at least 20,000 per year. Great ride, fun, very capable. The only thing is wind noise. I'm used to it now. Just turn the music up a little. You'll love it.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i have a 2 door sport as my daily driver and i love it. i've done a couple of 1600 mile round trips for vacation and have no complaints at all. my jl is a lot better overall in ride, comfort,power and mpg than my last ride which was a 07 jeep grand cherokee.
Sponsored