First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Have 2019 Sahara. Its the road noise that you need to be ok with. Drive is smooth, we have driven taken 500 mile trips (each way) with premium softtop and with hardtop.

I test drove them for several months before ordering it. I felt slightly more comfortable in Sahara. No regrets, great family car to have fun with.
When we test drive ours, coming from a 17 Expedition and AR Giulia at the time, I remarked how quiet the Sahara was. :LOL:

Those aren’t loud inside. I rented a well worn soft top TJ once, that was relatively loud. I owned a loud tired 2012 Escape once too. Just perspective I guess.
Sponsored

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
A Wrangler will never ride as smoothly as a Cherokee. But it will put such a big smile on your face it won’t matter.

Get it. You won't regret it.
This. I went from a 2008 Pathfinder (SE), which was an AWESOME vehicle. So awesome that I had reservations in giving it up. i actually tried to convince my husband to keep it (for our 11 year old daughter. LOL). That thing was SUCH a comfortable drive... The Jeep is too, but it's not the same. It's a bit bumpier, louder, handles differently, and doesn't have HALF of the creature comforts that the Nissan had (it lacks in storage space, only two cupholders up front, etc), but smiles per miles is a real thing.

Definitely take one out for a long test drive. Take it on the highway, take it to the mall, go buy groceries... My 2020 is my daily driver, and while I've only had it for a week I absolutely LOVE it. I haven't taken it offroad yet (it's full winter here), but I did drive it up and over a snow bank. What a blast.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
The thing is opinions are relative. Some people will say it's great as a DD(which I agree with) while others still think the ride is awful. My personal opinion is that if you didn't like a 2016 JK over a Cherokee you won't like the JL either. The comfort features, interior and transmission are much better. It still drives and rides like a Wrangler though.

GuapoJeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Had a TJ for a long time and then had kids and had to buy something more suitable for a family. Ended up with a Grand Cherokee which was nice, very comfortable and had it's plusses. However, I missed the Wrangler so much I bought a JLUR. As mentioned, these are all opinions so you should test drive it. That said, I love my Wrangler as my daily driver.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I’m on my second 2 door wrangler, both my only car so obviously my DD. They’re really fun to drive! They’re very easy to drive but will be much bumpier, doesn’t bother me at all but my dad as the passenger couldn’t drink his coffee because it kept spilling everywhere :LOL:.

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I daily drive a Rubicon that was my first Jeep. I did a lot of research and was concerned about it as a DD just like you. I’ve loved it! Road noise on the highway is noticeable yes. It handles like a truck. But to be perfectly honest, when the top and the doors are off... nothing compares. I was going to suggest a test drive with the top down, but I see you’re in Ontario so maybe not. LOL

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara is my DD into DT Houston and it does just fine, it’s pretty bouncy on windy days but I like the ride, if I were to want it less bouncy maybe go with a different shock

760BBED4-8933-4C37-B848-E0584B8DA7B3.jpeg

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
My Sahara is my DD into DT Houston and it does just fine, it’s pretty bouncy on windy days but I like the ride, if I were to want it less bouncy maybe go with a different shock]
What size tires are those? And what are the wheels? Did you do anything else? Lift kit, suspension, etc? That's a NICE looking Sahara!

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I had to drive a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee loaner for 3 days while the Wrangler was being worked on. To compare and contrast, better ride and less noise on the Cherokee; better ergonomics and handling on the Wrangler. If your commute is next to big rig semi's every day then I'd probably look at a hard top at least.

By the third day I was really missing my jeep, although now I really want a heated steering wheel.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, I currently own a 2016 jeep cherokee Trailhawk. I am thinking of buying a new vehicle. I am always impressed by availability of aftermarket products for wranglers. I also like the look of it. Do newer wranglers provide a smoother ride for a daily driver? I will test drive one soon to see what has changed in terms of ride, comforts, features etc. I am wondering what your opinions/recommendations are for someone coming from an suv life style. Thanks for your inputs.
Smooth & comfort aren't words I'd associate with a Wrangler. They're for a Cullinan or Bentayga; they float on air, Wranglers are made to float on rocks.

BTW, if you're considering going from a conventional SUV to a JL as a DD, you'd have to accept the possibility of DW.

If directly asked, I'd always recommend a Wrangler based on my personal experience & its capabilities. There's so much you can do on your own if you're mechanically inclined. I don't use mine as a daily, but I certainly would if I didn't have to keep the juices flowing in the other vehicles.

My suggestion... read thru this forum & digest as much as you can.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
What size tires are those? And what are the wheels? Did you do anything else? Lift kit, suspension, etc? That's a NICE looking Sahara!
I had @TTEChris of Tankcustoms here in Houston do a RC budget boost and put on the Method MR312 17” wheels wrapped with BFG 315/70 R17 KO2’s and later added the Roam stubby bumpier with RC winch

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sahara, and I swap between it and my Mercedes as my DD, I would say test out different models with different tire combinations. I swapped out my stock wheels and tires for 33” KO2s, which are found on the Rubicon, and there is definitely a difference in the drive, it took a few days to get used to the change, but I love the look! I say this as wheels and tires are often an upgrade that people make, and I found that they did make a difference in the ride, I think that the stock set up probably rode better than what I have, but that’s my opinion :)

Had I spent some more money and gone with lighter wheels, it may have been less noticeable, I added 25 lb on each corner (62 up to 87lb).

Good luck I your search, and don’t forget to get the cold weather package, heated seats and steering wheel are awesome!

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
The Sahara is a great daily driver ... until the death wobble comes knockin'. Ours went 8000 miles before it showed up. Other than that, it drives like a comfortable SUV.
Sponsored