Sponsored

Sahara w/Rubicon suspension(no spacers), Caster ok or...

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
should I install the Mopar LCA’s while it’s in the air? You want to stay around 6* or less correct? Anyone see where it ends up?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It depends on how much height you get that will determine where your caster ends up. IMHO I would put them on.
It looks like you have a 4 door so even if your takeoffs are from a hard top rubi with steel bumpers, you’ll likely only net a little over an inch of lift.
I’m guessing that you will end up adding spacers at some point , whether it’s for added weight or leveling, so it would be good to have them on there. Just my .02...:)
I’ve read a couple posts that people lose 1/2” up front when adding a steel bumper and winch. I’ll be adding an aluminum bumper and winch so maybe a hair less droop but I definitely don’t want the nose up.

I wonder if the factory Rubicon spring set has enough rake to make sure I don’t have squat if I throw in the 1/2” spacer up front with the aluminum bumper and winch. I will have 61/62 up front, 90/91 out back.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve read a couple posts that people lose 1/2” up front when adding a steel bumper and winch. I’ll be adding an aluminum bumper and winch so maybe a hair less droop but I definitely don’t want the nose up.

I wonder if the factory Rubicon spring set has enough rake to make sure I don’t have squat if I throw in the 1/2” spacer up front with the aluminum bumper and winch. I will have 61/62 up front, 90/91 out back.
I’m not sure, I tore my suspension out the day after I brought it home, lol.....I noticed the rubis look like they sit more level than the Sahara and sports, but that may just be the high line fenders throwing me off, lol.
Sponsored