Sponsored

Sahara upgrade wheels or granite wheels on JLUS??

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I bought a billet silver JLUS 3 weeks ago and dont like the OEM silver wheels and am considering upgrading. I will most likely upgrade to 33" tires later if the price is right. Which wheels do you like better on a billet silver jl? I would go straight for the rubicon wheels with 33's already on it, but I'm not crazy about the 2 rubicon wheels. Am I crazy?

KoCjgv7.jpg

Or
iApscMN.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
We have the top set, I’m honestly not a fan of either on the jeep. I think with the Sahara they went more with the mall crawl look than the Jeep look to make it classier

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I spent the extra grand for the "Tech Gray" rims when I ordered mine. Absolutely love polished aluminum rims with gray accents. I've done this combo many times with aftermarket rims on other vehicles. I was thrilled to see Jeep had an available option on a stock rim, even if it was an upgrade.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
I bought 100 mile rubicon wheels with the bfg tires for a 1000 and put on my Sahara .I sold the Sahara 18in spoke wheels with Goodyear's for 800.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Get the cheapest ones you can and then upgrade to the Rubicon wheels. They are dropping in price quickly so you can get a pretty good deal.
I already have the jeep...it wouldnt make sense to change to 1 of the options above and then change again to rubicon wheels/tirea. I would go straight for the rubicon wheels with 33's already on it, but I'm not crazy about the 2 OEM rubicon wheels. Am I crazy?

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I would go straight for the rubicon wheels with 33's already on it, but I'm not crazy about the 2 OEM rubicon wheels. Am I crazy?
Hey it's your money at the end of the day, you got to get what you like. If that's the case then disregard my comment :)

Captian Bligh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Overland 5.7 Hemi (T100, 2nd gen 4Runner, 2nd gen Tacoma)
My favorite are the upgraded sport wheels. Then the upgraded Rubicon’s. Get the sport wheels and look for some take off Rubicon tires only. Or just go after market for both wheels and tires.

OP
OP
ChattVol

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My favorite are the upgraded sport wheels. Then the upgraded Rubicon’s. Get the sport wheels and look for some take off Rubicon tires only. Or just go after market for both wheels and tires.
Buying the upgraded sport wheels(granite crystal) and buying rubicon takeoff tires is my favorite. I found takeoff granite wheels and bridgestone dueler 245/75/17 for $600. The challenge is selling my current oem sport s silver wheels/tires without taking a major loss. Some people are having to give them away.

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
....I'm not crazy about the 2 OEM rubicon wheels. Am I crazy?
Nope, not crazy at all. I don't care for the Rubicon wheels either. I know a lot of people like them, but not my cup of tea. I wonder if some of the people who buy them are simply buying them because they're Rubicon wheels. I'm not faulting them for it if they do, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Unrelated, but I'd post a picture of my Jeep but it looks exactly like the 2nd photo on the first post. Same color and all. :like:

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Nope, not crazy at all. I don't care for the Rubicon wheels either. I know a lot of people like them, but not my cup of tea. I wonder if some of the people who buy them are simply buying them because they're Rubicon wheels. I'm not faulting them for it if they do, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Unrelated, but I'd post a picture of my Jeep but it looks exactly like the 2nd photo on the first post. Same color and all. :like:

I like the Rubicon standard wheels. But I really liked the tires also. So you can't even buy the bfg tires ,5 of them for a 1000 brand new.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Buying the upgraded sport wheels(granite crystal) and buying rubicon takeoff tires is my favorite. I found takeoff granite wheels and bridgestone dueler 245/75/17 for $600. The challenge is selling my current oem sport s silver wheels/tires without taking a major loss. Some people are having to give them away.
That's what I did. Ordered the upgraded Sport wheels and bought the Rubicon tires.

img_1860-jpg-jpg.jpg

Still haven't found a buyer for my Sport tires. I need to list them again.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
That's what I did. Ordered the upgraded Sport wheels and bought the Rubicon tires.

img_1860-jpg-jpg.jpg

Still haven't found a buyer for my Sport tires. I need to list them again.
Looks good on there!
Sponsored