Sponsored

Sahara tube steps on a Rubicon

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m considering throwing a pair of the Mopar tube steps on my Rubicon if I come across a cheap pair of takeoffs.

Unfortunately in both pictures I’ve found here they have body colored flares so I can’t get a feel for the look. Does anyone have pictures of the Sahara sliders on their Rubicon without color-matched fenders?

I’m not sure whether they’re “molded in color” like the Rubicon fender flares, which I believe makes the Rubicon fenders look a little more black (maybe?).

Here are the two I came across:
20180518_143220-jpg.jpg

20190328_204707-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would think they would look fine

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go.
They obviously spelled Jeep wrong on the parking sign.

img_0476-jpeg.jpg
Looks nice!!! That would take care of the rocks chipping the door hinges and rear fenders... probably not so good if the end up on a big rock though. I'll be sticking with the stock sliders for now.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Ya that is not protecting the body from anything other than dirt coming up. I will eventually go with something else, but need to through something on there to make it easier for the other half and little one to get in a bit easier for the time being.

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I would think they would look fine
To each his own. If you like them, then go for it. My personal opinion... steps do NOT belong on a Wrangler, especially a Rubicon. But hey, I am more inclined to have you work on your flexibility and strength so that you don't need them. They certainly don't look good, but again... just my thoughts. That's why you get to make your Jeep the way you want it and I can do the same with mine (which I hope to get next month).

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
To each his own. If you like them, then go for it. My personal opinion... steps do NOT belong on a Wrangler, especially a Rubicon. But hey, I am more inclined to have you work on your flexibility and strength so that you don't need them. They certainly don't look good, but again... just my thoughts. That's why you get to make your Jeep the way you want it and I can do the same with mine (which I hope to get next month).
And then others get to chime in with their thoughts on what you do to your jeep even though they were unsolicited :)

OP
OP
cjaama

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for sharing. I'll have my six and three year old girls work on their strength and flexibility. Obviously that's the only thing keeping them from getting in on their own.

Sponsored

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks for sharing. I'll have my six and three year old girls work on their strength and flexibility. Obviously that's the only thing keeping them from getting in on their own.
Good luck with that. My 11 year-old girl complains every time she has to climb in the Jeep.. and I have a stock suspension and tires!
Sponsored