JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You won't have any issues on either front.

I too have a Sahara that rather unintentionally has turned into some sort of Moab look-alike over the past two years. Mine has a lift, though.

You should be good to go.

Here's mine just for kicks
1643304118194.png
no more white wheels?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Resin Addict

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
OP
OP
Resin Addict

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
I have a 2019 MOAB and you have listed some of the items that it came with. It also came with LED tail lights, blind spot assist, backup assist, Dana 44 with limited slip differential, Selec-trac 4 auto transfer case, CV joints for the front axle short shafts, Upgraded Alpine audio with Navigation, AUX switches and Tow package, Custom leather seats with white sticking and JEEP embordered on them, white stitched leather dash, painted color match hard top and fenders, insulating panels on the hard top, proximity door lock/unlock, matte black tow hooks, and the MOAB hood decal.
thanks for that list…as noted, based on my limited off-road intentions (for the Michigan JL, I’m going mostly for appearance).
from that list I’ve already installed OEM LED tailights, and my Sahara came from the factory with the leather seats, white stitching, Alpine audio with. 8” screen, aux. switches, painted hardtop and fenders, proximity lock and unlock, and I bought and installed the OEM Moab hood decal.
so I’m pretty close, other than the matte black wheels and tires.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for that list…as noted, based on my limited off-road intentions (for the Michigan JL, I’m going mostly for appearance).
from that list I’ve already installed OEM LED tailights, and my Sahara came from the factory with the leather seats, white stitching, Alpine audio with. 8” screen, aux. switches, painted hardtop and fenders, proximity lock and unlock, and I bought and installed the OEM Moab hood decal.
so I’m pretty close, other than the matte black wheels and tires.
Dash is different and while I understand that you wont take it off-road the drive train is different. I don't understand why people put Rubicon or MOAB on a non-trim model. Just my opinion but I hate fake badging.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I have a 2019 MOAB and you have listed some of the items that it came with. It also came with LED tail lights, blind spot assist, backup assist, Dana 44 with limited slip differential, Selec-trac 4 auto transfer case, CV joints for the front axle short shafts, Upgraded Alpine audio with Navigation, AUX switches and Tow package, Custom leather seats with white sticking and JEEP embordered on them, white stitched leather dash, painted color match hard top and fenders, insulating panels on the hard top, proximity door lock/unlock, matte black tow hooks, and the MOAB hood decal.
The Aux switches/tow package was not included in the MOAB option. I had to add those myself.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
So I apologize if some of the following questions are simple, I’ve got a 2018 JL that I love, but based on my location, I’ll be the first to admit, it’s more of a mall crawler than a true off road vehicle. Always wanted a Wrangler, and finally got one. I‘m in Michigan, so definitely take advantage of the capabilities in snow, but realistically, that’s it.
I have added a Rubicon hood and a steel front bumper, have my order in for a MOPAR LED headlight kit (patiently waiting for the dealer to get them in stock), the next thing I want to do is replace the stock Sahara 18” rims with “Moab” rims…found a guy locally that has a new “take-off“ set of 5 of the 17” matte black Moab rims (including TPS) that only has about 200 miles on the tires (Firestone Destination 255/75/17).
Am I correct in my hope that I should just be able to swap the new rims onto my Sahara and I’ll be good to go? Specifically…
1. Will my original (Sahara) suspension be OK, or do I need to anything in regards to clearance because of the slightly bigger overall diameter tires? Full disclosure; I do share the vehicle with my wife sometimes and I don’t want to raise it anymore because she‘s indicated that as is, she can get in and out relatively easily, but with additional lift, not so much.
2. Will the Wrangler automatically recognize the “new” TPS units (inside the rims and tires I’m buying) or is there something that needs to be done to get the new TPS units to connect and communicate.
A second question I have is in regards to batteries and charging. I’d like to get one of the phone mounts that has a charging pad built into it so that every time I stick my phone in the holder it will charge the phone, but I want to keep things on the dash clean looking, so I’d like to hardwire the mount so I don’t have cables hanging In front of the radio to where the phone mounts on the center of the dash, but I also don’t want that charger to be constantly draining the battery so I want to be sure it’s getting it’s power from a source that’s controlled by “ignition on”. If I were to tap into the wires feeding that “port” on the lower left corner of the console that is labeled indicating it’s only powered when the vehicle is on, would that potentially ever cause any warranty issues? (Tapping into the factory harness?).
Thanks for any replies
There is a guy in the classifieds here with Mopar LED headlights and a Tazer...I would cancel the order at the dealer and pick them up. You could disable the TPMS if necessary.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/oem-mopar-led-headlights-with-taser-500.86961/

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sad! I will keep your reserved seat next to me at the white wheels club if you decide to come back!
Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to sell them.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Dash is different and while I understand that you wont take it off-road the drive train is different. I don't understand why people put Rubicon or MOAB on a non-trim model. Just my opinion but I hate fake badging.
It's a shame that Wrangler tool the best trail names for badging. Those who dont have stickers from factory fell....well similar to Bronco owners - have to saddle for mediocre names or otherwise have "fake" trim level.

Some names that migh look cool... Alpine, Kalahari, Rebel, Trail Boss (f'ck chevy), Gobi.
Sponsored