Sponsored

Sahara or Rubicon front grille inserts - removable?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Folks - have a weird question for you. I have a Sahara on order and probably two weeks away from delivery, hopefully.

I’m on the fence about the gray inserts in the front grille and headlight surrounds, and on the front bumper fog light trim.

My question - since I don’t have my JL yet, is can I “pop out” those pieces, so I can paint them myself or plasti dip them? Has anyone out there tried to do that yet? I would like to paint them the exact same color as the Rubicon.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Folks - have a weird question for you. I have a Sahara on order and probably two weeks away from delivery, hopefully.

I’m on the fence about the gray inserts in the front grille and headlight surrounds, and on the front bumper fog light trim.

My question - since I don’t have my JL yet, is can I “pop out” those pieces, so I can paint them myself or plasti dip them? Has anyone out there tried to do that yet? I would like to paint them the exact same color as the Rubicon.

Thanks in advance.
Saw a Quadratec video where they remove the grille and I thought I saw the grille inserts being an extra part behind. Should be removable if not, cut it out :)

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

Thanks in advance.
You can remove them and paint them. I just took my grill apart, its about 10 separate pieces once you take out all of the screws and clips. You can see how to take it apart in my video when I put Plasti Dip on the main piece and left the rest the factory color. Hope this helps.
Sponsored