Sahara lift measurement request with KO2 315/70/17 tires

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I have a very specific request for anyone with a MOPAR 2" lift or other lift > 2.5" on a Sahara with BFG KO2 315/70/17 tires. I know this is a bit odd but I'd like to get measurements from tire to fender on both front and back.

I currently have a RC 2.5" spring and shock lift but I've wanted a bit more fender clearance for a while just for aesthetics. This past weekend I did a trail ride (only my second ever) and I rubbed twice on the front, so that made me want more lift even more. I did have the sway bars disconnected and was aired down to 19 psi. Both times when I rubbed was on sections shaped like a V taken at an angle where I was full flex both front and rear. I know the front rubbed but not sure about the rear.

Oh, and I have the Rubicon steel front bumper and a winch, so I'm weighted down a bit in the front.

Also, I have no complaints about the RC lift. Now that I have the tire pressure dialed in, the ride is pretty good. With the sway bars disconnected I was very impressed on the trail as it was very rough terrain in some spots but I never felt beaten up.

I was the least lifted of all the Jeeps (and I was the only JL) but I had a blast and now want to do more difficult trails than I originally thought I would. One trail we did was once a beginner trail which turned into an intermediate trail due to massive amounts of rain - as I was told by one of the group leaders. It was so much fun learning how to get over obstacles and climb rock ledges.

I could get the Rubi fenders and get the clearance, and that's probably the most economical choice to increase clearance but my original thought was to get the MOPAR lift since it supposedly is more like a 3.5" for Sports/Saharas and I would have better warranty coverage from the dealer.

Appreciate any help or insight. I'll post some pics of my setup for reference here shortly.

A880061B-7640-458B-87E3-5D5AA8CE0039.jpeg
EDC59E19-DEA1-4411-9DEA-DA37EFA33E37.jpeg
5B1A0DBE-1BFA-43A0-A280-551D750460A5.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: