Sahara JLU with Rubicon Wheels and Grill

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
I like it! Was it easy to find take-offs? Did you just paint the inserts black then?

OP
OP

Eman422

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Overland, Wrangler Jk
Yes, a lot of Rubi owners are taking off their wheels for bigger ones. The inserts are paint matched to the Rubi

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
what's the big difference between Sahara and Rubicon? I'm confused. Other than the e-lockers and sway bar disco - are there any other BIG differences? I'm kinda leaning towards a Sahara (I really like that leather dash). I want my Wrangler to go camping and mild-off roading but not crazy rock crawling. Would a Sahara be enough? or should we just do the Rubi and call it a day?

Sponsored

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Rubicon Wheels/tires on my Sharah fit great. had the grill inserts painted to match the Rubicon.

B24356BA-B35F-4691-AD3D-A86C2BF582E0.jpeg
Bad ass... I wanna do something similar but with the metal Hardrock bumpers...anyone here selling there Rubicon metal Bumpers?!?!

DHTex87

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 128i
what's the big difference between Sahara and Rubicon? I'm confused. Other than the e-lockers and sway bar disco - are there any other BIG differences? I'm kinda leaning towards a Sahara (I really like that leather dash). I want my Wrangler to go camping and mild-off roading but not crazy rock crawling. Would a Sahara be enough? or should we just do the Rubi and call it a day?
Big picture in my view is that a Sahara is mostly built to be a road vehicle that has off road capabilities while the Rubicon is more of an off road vehicle that is also used on the road. The difference is subtle but that’s the way I see it.

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
Where's the best place to land some takeoffs deals? Dealer? Craigslist ?Ebay?

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
I was planning on keeping my stock rubi wheels until the tread wore off, but now that I know there are potential buyers I may let them go and upgrade right away.

FalKor JLU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was planning on keeping my stock rubi wheels until the tread wore off, but now that I know there are potential buyers I may let them go and upgrade right away.
How much would you want for them??? Does your Rubi have the steel bumper?

Sponsored

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
Rubicon Wheels/tires on my Sharah fit great. had the grill inserts painted to match the Rubicon.

B24356BA-B35F-4691-AD3D-A86C2BF582E0.jpeg
Looks awesome. I am getting ready to order a JLU Sahara in Billet Silver, and I absolutely want to put on the upgraded Rubi wheels.

chilly_one

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara; Granite Metallic
Big picture in my view is that a Sahara is mostly built to be a road vehicle that has off road capabilities while the Rubicon is more of an off road vehicle that is also used on the road. The difference is subtle but that’s the way I see it.
You should take both of them for a drive - back to back. IMHO, if you're going to do mostly street driving, especially highway, then the Sahara will be much easier to live with. I drove both at highway speeds, on a somewhat windy day, and the Sahara had much nicer manners. The Rubi, with its softer suspension, just wanted to wiggle a bit more. But if you're an off-roader, there's no question that the new Rubicons are badass!
Sponsored