Sponsored

Sahara JLU Fuel Cap Door

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
Anyone know if a previous model year (JK) door would fit? There are some cheap options on amazon but the specify for previous JK model years. Thanks!
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Anyone know if a previous model year (JK) door would fit? There are some cheap options on amazon but the specify for previous JK model years. Thanks!
The aftermarket or at that matter OEM fuel doors for the JK/JKU will not work on a JL/JLU. The circular opening where the fuel door resides is larger on the JL/JLU then the JK's.

Note: You can get the OEM fuel door for the JL/JLU on eBAY for $100.00.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Confirming the same info from many above - I’ve yet to see a Sahara JLU with one on it, and was frustrated that it was not an option when I ordered.

Went ahead and snagged mine on eBay for $107 all-in, and plan to add it on myself. Will be interesting to see if it comes with one on, though I am not expecting that.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
$100 American dollars on eBay, couple bucks more for the black and chrome. My JLUS did not come with one. As someone stated above, 15 min install.
ditto

Sponsored

JaytheJeepGuy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘98 Jeep Cherokee (sold), ‘98 TJ (RIP), ‘07 JK (sold), ‘15 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Other than aesthetics, any benefits from a fuel door?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. Other than aesthetics, any benefits from a fuel door?
Not a super huge benefit but it does keep crap out of the gas cap area. Without it a lot of debris can get in there. Just like any vehicle you'll still get debris but not as much. More just dust.

Example, when it snows you'll be scooping that snow out before you open it to fill it.

Gremluc

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challenger & 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
Is there a factory option to have a fuel cap door with a Sahara JLU? I see one is standard on Rubicon and not on Sahara. I dont even see an option for one.
Sahara does not come with a door. Purchased a mopar one on line. Received it yesterday & put it on. cost $113. incl delivery. The mopar unit is made in US & is a Quality product. Easy install - Go on YouTube type in "install mopar fuel cap door for 2018 JL jeep wrangler" for info. PS - Looks GREAT!! Loving My Jeep - next install axle back Magnaflow exhaust - I'll let the muffler shop do this - way too old to crawl the Jeep.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Same as what the others said. No dumb question - glad you asked for 2 reasons: lots of others probably didn’t know, and I hadn’t thought of the one and we that mentioned debris getting in there.

For me it’s purely cosmetic, but I learned something (debris) that I hadn’t considered until you asked. Thanks for asking!

Sponsored

PatsFan91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Just got my JL Sahara last week and it has the fuel cap door. I never added it when doing the build. It might be coming standard now or comes with a package.

RRAGES

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
My Sahara came with the door. I had ordered one off of eBay and returned it.
Sponsored