Sahara JLU Fuel Cap Door

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Unsurprisingly, another dealer with bad information.
I saw two JLU Rubicons at the local dealer. Neither of them have the fuel door. Where does it (officially) say that Rubicons come with the fuel door?
Sponsored

Moisture1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl
My Sahara came with free headliner for hardtop lol anyone else have freebie mistakes how do you start a thread on a topic like this?

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I saw two JLU Rubicons at the local dealer. Neither of them have the fuel door. Where does it (officially) say that Rubicons come with the fuel door?
On the Jeep brochure is one place it is listed as standard on the Rubicon.
72D29388-D5E9-49AE-929B-276F6F6B05E9.png

F0054A1E-2E64-426B-AC10-A310C4B8F2C6.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tod13

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU with Dog
I think bezel is different than fuel filler door.
On mine, picked up 2 days ago, it is black bezel and black door. But, yes, it isn't really clear about what the part is supposed to be. :)

martyb511

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara, 15 Lexus CT200h, 15 Toyota Highlander Ltd
I guess I'm selling the one I bought on ebay, since the Fuel Door as well as the many other accessories arrived before my JL.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I think bezel is different than fuel filler door.
On mine, picked up 2 days ago, it is black bezel and black door. But, yes, it isn't really clear about what the part is supposed to be. :)
Yes it is not worded the best. I mean the Sport has the bezel too but it lists it as a stand out on the Sahara. Then for standard options on a Rubicon it has it listed as fuel filler door.

Since a lot of Sahara's have been showing up recently with this included I am guessing it was supposed to be put on them as it should be for that trim in my opinion. They should however use the one that matches the other silver trim to go with the Sahara theme as well but they don't appear to be doing that.

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Yes it is not worded the best. I mean the Sport has the bezel too but it lists it as a stand out on the Sahara. Then for standard options on a Rubicon it has it listed as fuel filler door.

Since a lot of Sahara's have been showing up recently with this included I am guessing it was supposed to be put on them as it should be for that trim in my opinion. They should however use the one that matches the other silver trim to go with the Sahara theme as well but they don't appear to be doing that.
I agree. In my opinion it should be standard on all versions except perhaps the stripped down, no frills sport.

HABANEROTE

First Name
Davel Rodriguez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara 2018
Occupation
CEO
Mine didn't come with the door I ordered one 125

Sponsored

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I hope my Sahara comes with it too - we will see. Have a guy lined up to buy mine, as it's already sitting in my garage. I am unfortunately still in D1 status, so no build sheet yet :(

Check your build sheet by using https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin= and add your VIN number. If it has "Fuel Filler Door" on it, then the dealer should give you one for free.
Does this link work? After clicking, it just says VIN NOT PROVIDED.
Sponsored