Sahara grille inserts (painting different color)

KY_Soldier

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ-2A, 2021 4xe, few Teslas & Ferraris
I wonder what red would look like on a black rubi..
Actually I wanted to see how my Red rubi would look with the black grille from performance parts and Red inserts!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If anyone else does this please take lots of pictures. Thanks!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Thanks for this... can you please elaborate on the mesh grille vs silver inserts removal? Are any tools needed to remove the clips? Fragile? Once clips removed, they detach from the grille itself, and from each other? I plan to do this mod from Day 1 when I got my Sahara... but will use plastidip instead.

alexJL

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR ordered - owned 21, 19, 14, 08
Looks great! Is it an option to do the same thing on the silver trim around the fog lights on the bumper?

OP
OP
CosTheKing

CosTheKing

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thanks for this... can you please elaborate on the mesh grille vs silver inserts removal? Are any tools needed to remove the clips? Fragile? Once clips removed, they detach from the grille itself, and from each other? I plan to do this mod from Day 1 when I got my Sahara... but will use plastidip instead.
The silver trim is layered in between the grille and the mesh section. You have to remove the mesh to get to the silver inserts. No special tool was needed for the clips, just a small end flat head screw driver. Everything is layered and detaches from each other.

OP
OP
CosTheKing

CosTheKing

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Looks great! Is it an option to do the same thing on the silver trim around the fog lights on the bumper?
I couldn’t figure out how to safety remove the trim around the fog lights. So I decided to just mask everything off and plasti dip them right on the jeep

9631D82F-EF87-4A4A-8E12-531646C73E8F.png

2378FAB2-EFE2-4A65-B08B-58AD2A3FE3CD.png

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
I couldn’t figure out how to safety remove the trim around the fog lights. So I decided to just mask everything off and plasti dip them right on the jeep
I painted the the silver trim around the grill this weekend, came out great and need to do the same for the silver around the fog lights.

Why did you use plastic dip instead of paint and how many cans of plastic dip did you use?

I’d also like to make the side Jeep & Sahara emblems Black, any suggestions on that?

FranklinFlyer

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Grand Cherokee Overland 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited
Occupation
Producer
Funny thing: on the coming European Version of the Sahara , the silver grill is gone... and even more silver in the fog lights
But the EU Sahara is not completely equipped like the US Sahara. But you can get the Overland package, which is basically US Sahara, with silver, but with different "Overland" decals
Jeep-Wrangler-2018_SPM_03.png

EU Sahara

maxresdefault.jpg

EU Overland

OP
OP
CosTheKing

CosTheKing

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@CosTheKing what did you use to tint your turn signal markers? Spray tint? Regular vinyl tint?
Not sure,vinyl or some other tint film. Not a spray. Had my local tint shop do it when I had the two fronts tinted. Was only $20 for both sides. Seems to be holding up well