Sahara grille inserts (painting different color)

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Real Estate- I can help you buy or sell anywhere!
Sorry, but I haven't installed them yet. Maybe this week. I will post pics once I am done.

Hey @LouNYC. I’m interested in how the grill and headlight inserts fit as well. The eBay seller has added that they do not fit the Sahara JL with “original grill”. I’ve sent the seller an email asking for clarification. Please let us know.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @LouNYC. I’m interested in how the grill and headlight inserts fit as well. The eBay seller has added that they do not fit the Sahara JL with “original grill”. I’ve sent the seller an email asking for clarification. Please let us know.
Thanks for that info. I will contact him as well. That might be the case because I laid the inserts over the grille and they seem not to cover the enter area. I will check tonight and report back.

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black
I had my JLU Sahara 3 hours and had that grill in pieces. I just do not like silver plastic on jeeps. I also did my Jeep and sahara badges, door lock keyholes, antenna and stock wheels. Like others i could not figure out how to get the bumper inserts out so I masked those. I used black plastidip. I did the same on my '15 JKU and it lasted until I traded it in without issue.

On the badges picture that was before i took the toothpick to get the dip out of the insides of the letters. it is now gone.

IMG_2582.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

View attachment 46237

IMG_2641.JPG
Did you take the wheels/tires off to plastidip or just tape em?

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for that info. I will contact him as well. That might be the case because I laid the inserts over the grille and they seem not to cover the enter area. I will check tonight and report back.

Ok guys. Here’s the reply I just received tonight from the black inserts on eBay. Looks as if we’re getting conflicting info @LouNYC. He says they will not fit the Sahara, I even sent him photos to research.

“Dear buyer
Our product is not suitable for your jl
You can cancel this order
If you don't like the original silver grille, you can change it by paint.
Some of our customers are buying their own paint to change the color the effect is also very good.”

65188576-49DB-404D-B20E-894A751DA5D4.jpeg

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just went back to the original eBay posting and in the description, it says that it fits Jeep JL Sahara's.

Oh, the seller is Huamao0118, from CA, just in case we’re referencing different items.

turnkey

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Oh, the seller is Huamao0118, from CA, just in case we’re referencing different items.
The Sahara and Rubicon have different grilles than the sport. The inserts on ebay are for the sport and they just go on the front. For the sahara and rubicon the "accents" and snapped in through the back into the rivets in the grille that the sports dont have and require you to take the who front off to get to them. I did this myself in less than 30 min and replaced my silver inserts with the black ones from just for jeeps.

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Sahara and Rubicon have different grilles than the sport. The inserts on ebay are for the sport and they just go on the front. For the sahara and rubicon the "accents" and snapped in through the back into the rivets in the grille that the sports dont have and require you to take the who front off to get to them. I did this myself in less than 30 min and replaced my silver inserts with the black ones from just for jeeps.
Makes sense. So, the ones from Just for Jeeps, hows the finish on them without paint? I imagine they’re a satin black? Do they look good as is, or do you recommend painting them? I’ve also been considering their fog light bezels. Thanks for the input.

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense. So, the ones from Just for Jeeps, hows the finish on them without paint? I imagine they’re a satin black? Do they look good as is, or do you recommend painting them? I’ve also been considering their fog light bezels. Thanks for the input.
I ordered and installed the front grille inserts from Just for Jeeps a while back on my Sahara. I intended to paint but after seeing the parts I just installed them as is. I did paint the fog light bezels though.

IMG_3970.jpg

N.C. Jeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered and installed the front grille inserts from Just for Jeeps a while back on my Sahara. I intended to paint but after seeing the parts I just installed them as is. I did paint the fog light bezels though.

IMG_3970.jpg

Awesome. Looks great on the red. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll be going that route as well.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon

IMG_3970.jpg
What did you paint the silver bumper inserts with, and did you remove them and paint or mask? also how did you prep them, scuff em with scotchbrite ?

debating doing the Grill and bumper inserts.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_3970.jpg
Nice job. How did you remove the fog light bezels? I ordered a pair.

threejeeps

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What did you paint the silver bumper inserts with, and did you remove them and paint or mask? also how did you prep them, scuff em with scotchbrite ?

debating doing the Grill and bumper inserts.
I masked the fog lamp bezels off and used black plasti-dip.

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update on my eBay inserts. I was to get a refund on them. I will be purchasing the correct ones from Jepsforjeeps. I don't see them on there website. Does anyone know the part number?

I have already purchased the black blog light bezels.