Sahara front bumper fog light covers

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Don't know why it took this long for me to notice, but the Sahara model doesn't have the "bumperettes" that the Sport has. You know, those funny looking pieces between the bumper and fender...those are not on the Sahara.

However, on the Sport, that piece is also a part of the cover that protects the fog lamps from mud, snow, debris, etc.

So now I'm curious...does the Sahara have a cover over the lights? Can somebody post a picture of the back of a Sahara standard bumper? I'd like to ditch the funny looking bumperettes, but I do want to keep some protection there for the fog lights.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Don't know why it took this long for me to notice, but the Sahara model doesn't have the "bumperettes" that the Sport has. You know, those funny looking pieces between the bumper and fender...those are not on the Sahara.

However, on the Sport, that piece is also a part of the cover that protects the fog lamps from mud, snow, debris, etc.

So now I'm curious...does the Sahara have a cover over the lights? Can somebody post a picture of the back of a Sahara standard bumper? I'd like to ditch the funny looking bumperettes, but I do want to keep some protection there for the fog lights.
It’s covered on the Sahara also.

OP
OP
WXman

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ended up finding a part #. They're called "closure panels" and it looks like the # for the Sahara version is 6KL11(10)RXFAA the 11 being the left side and the 10 being right side. Interesting. I wonder if these would bolt right up to the holes in the Sport bumper?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It’s covered on the Sahara/Rubicon plastic bumper, but not on the Rubicon steel bumper. The sport bumper is a different shape though, if you’re trying to find something to stick there on your sport, you’ll need to take your sport bumper and do some cutting.
Sponsored