Sponsored

Sahara + Flex = ? Does it have manual sway bar disconnect?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Life gets easier when you accept that “Sahara” means “Sport with options” and they are no different mechanically.
That's one of the more ignorant statements out there.
They have different suspensions, bigger brakes and the ability of SelecTrac (though I would never want that)
Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
That's one of the more ignorant statements out there.
They have different suspensions, bigger brakes and the ability of SelecTrac (though I would never want that)

OP’s question was about his suspension. None of your examples make a difference as far as suspension goes. You can get offended about my statement and call me ignorant, but there is no difference between his and the one under a Sport model. There is also nothing wrong with Sport model JL’s, so don’t get your knickers in a bunch when people compare your Sahara to one.

Now, if you wanna talk to Metal Cloak, etc, and get them to make some Sahara-specific suspension components, I’m sure they’ll be happy to paint their plastics and wrap them in leather for you for an up-charge, but at the end of the day, those parts are going to run just fine on a Sport model, too.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
OP’s question was about his suspension. None of your examples make a difference as far as suspension goes. You can get offended about my statement and call me ignorant, but there is no difference between his and the one under a Sport model. There is also nothing wrong with Sport model JL’s, so don’t get your knickers in a bunch when people compare your Sahara to one.

Now, if you wanna talk to Metal Cloak, etc, and get them to make some Sahara-specific suspension components, I’m sure they’ll be happy to paint their plastics and wrap them in leather for you for an up-charge, but at the end of the day, those parts are going to run just fine on a Sport model, too.
I wasn't offended at all and my nickers aren't in a bunch. I was simply correcting your disinformation...

"Life gets easier when you accept that “Sahara” means “Sport with options” and they are no different mechanically."

Since they have different suspensions, calipers and transfer case (optional) and those ARE MECHANICAL I was letting the OP know that. One would read your comment as if there are merely cosmetic differences between the Sport and Sahara.

BTW... I have nothing against any of the models. There are a lot of people wheeling Sports while there are plenty of Rubis sitting at the mall. I have more respect for those Sports in that case.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I agree.

Sahara is also Mall rated. Sport is not. :facepalm:
Yes, it's also common knowledge that both the Sport and Rubicon are built in different assembly lines by big burly men with full beards, blessed by their muscular arms and callous covered hands that exudes quality and confidence.

Meanwhile the Sahara is built in pink fun-houses by women wearing fluffy bunny coveralls.

It's also common knowledge (obviously) that both the Sport and Rubicon are made out of full Vibranium and built to a level of performance that far surpass the Sahara.
The Sahara on the other-hand is basically a golf cart covered in Louis Vuitton hand bags and can barely make it off the gravel drive way.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yes, it's also common knowledge that both the Sport and Rubicon are built in different assembly lines by big burly men with full beards, blessed by their muscular arms and callous covered hands that exudes quality and confidence.

Meanwhile the Sahara is built in pink fun-houses by women wearing fluffy bunny coveralls.

It's also common knowledge (obviously) that both the Sport and Rubicon are made out of full Vibranium and built to a level of performance that far surpass the Sahara.
The Sahara on the other-hand is basically a golf cart covered in Louis Vuitton hand bags and can barely make it off the gravel drive way.
They’re called spec ops beards. :like:

Sponsored

Billet_JLU

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport s 1999 Cherokee Sport
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I have a similar question - I have a JLU Sport with stock all-terrain tires and no lift. I'm perfectly happy so far with trail riding and no rock-crawling. I'm thinking about trying more moderate trails with the sway bar manually disconnected. Does anyone know if I'll have potential issues after disconnecting with things like brake lines or fenders if I don't have a lift?
I would imagine you’d be fine with the stock tires. The fenders should be ok, then the brake lines have plenty of slack, along with the breather tube and the fad wire.

joshrude

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sport S
Sports and saharas have normal sway bars. Just pick up some quick disconnect end links

20200229_194311.jpg

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

I love this

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella

Bwahahaha! As a Sahara driver who enjoys going off the main roads (and "crawling" over pedestrian sidewalks to get from one parking spot to another), this cracked me up.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Don't forget, if you really wanna RACE IN THE MALL/W your SAHARA--

She comes with HD COILS AND GAS SHOCKS(RUBICON)--

The SAHARA AIN'T A RUBICON, BUT SHE'LL do as much as your guts want !

W.E.

JIMBO

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
You can manual disconnect a Sahara’s engine if you turn enough wrenches.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I always recommend just disconnecting manually with a wrench the first few times. Especially if you have an impact wrench it is very quick. While quick disconnects are not very expensive and they are convenient, you might find them unnecessary. And if you don't like disconnecting manually then you will appreciate the quick disconnects more when you get them.

The main thing is to keep it simple and get out on the trails and then build up from there.
Sponsored