Sponsored

Sahara + Flex = ? Does it have manual sway bar disconnect?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
I've been googling but I can't seem to find the answer.

Does a stock Sahara have a manual sway bar disconnect? How far can it flex (with and/or without a disconnect)?

Pictures would be AWESOME, if you have one (some) to share.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
You will want sway bar disconnects for your sahara.
Help me out here (I don't fully understand it). I thought that Saharas all had a sway bar with a manual disconnect (which I want). I don't want or need the automatic disconnect. Am I wrong to assume this? Are sway bar disconnects an aftermarket thing for the Sahara, or just the automatic option?

Based on this I'm assuming that the answer is no, they do not come stock with a manual disconnect...?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
O
Help me out here (I don't fully understand it). I thought that Saharas all had a sway bar with a manual disconnect (which I want). I don't want or need the automatic disconnect. Am I wrong to assume this? Are sway bar disconnects an aftermarket thing for the Sahara, or just the automatic option?

Based on this I'm assuming that the answer is no, they do not come stock with a manual disconnect...?
On the Sahara and sport models the sway bar links are bolted on. You can disconnect them, you just have to unbolt them. You can buy aftermarket links that are quick disconnect, you just pull the pin....

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
O
On the Sahara and sport models the sway bar links are bolted on. You can disconnect them, you just have to unbolt them. You can buy aftermarket links that are quick disconnect, you just pull the pin....
Do you by chance have a link? I'm googling, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. (I'm not looking to buy right this minute... just trying to learn.)

@TrailJoy

From a Florida forum member holiday trail run, fun times. Some are @Ran4 and some are @Roky ’s buddy I think..
What it lacks in flex it makes up for in mud. :like:

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Assuming no bind and the shocks as the limiting factor, the front axle should be able to get to around 18.5° and the rear to 21.7°. For comparison, the Rubicon is ~25°.

Can someone please measure their shock lengths on a stock Sahara at ride height? I'm trying to get a baseline for how it compares to the Rubicon. (a typical Rubicon is 20" front, 22.5" rear)

1.png

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Do you by chance have a link? I'm googling, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. (I'm not looking to buy right this minute... just trying to learn.)

What it lacks in flex it makes up for in mud. :like:
There’s certainly some flex & tuck happening in those photos. Might not have been the Rubicon trail but a trail nonetheless lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
THANKS! Let me make sure I understand...

The Saraha has a "manual" (term used loosely) disconnect where CAN disconnect it but you have to use tools to unbolt it from the arm. The aftermarket QUICK (manual) disconnect replaces the arm and the bolt with a pin (or similar).

Yes?
Be sure when you’re looking for them, to make sure they say for 0 to 2” lift height, otherwise they’ll be to long for your Sahara if it’s not lifted.

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Disconnecting the swayer on my 18 Sahara is easy. 18mm socket and wrench. Zip tie sway bar out of the way. Flex sucks with the sway bar connected. With my swayer disconnected, I popped my front driver fender loose. It popped back in. No lift yet. Rock Krawler 2.5" lift waiting to be installed.

OP
OP
TrailJoy

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Be sure when you’re looking for them, to make sure they say for 0 to 2” lift height, otherwise they’ll be to long for your Sahara if it’s not lifted.
NOTED! No lift yet. It may or may not come later (I don't have a big need for it yet).

There’s certainly some flex & tuck happening in those photos. Might not have been the Rubicon trail but a trail nonetheless lol
I think it's fantastic! There's more than I was expecting, to be honest.
Sponsored