Sponsored

Sahara Build: Opinions Wanted on Options

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
This is for my Wife which will be replacing our 4Runner. She had a manual Liberty in the past and wants to row her own gears again as well as have a vehicle we can teach our boys to drive stick on. Not really purchasing for offroading, just high water scenarios from flooding and driving on the beach. Please let me know if I am overlooking anything. I would like to get a few other options but these are what she wants:

2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
3.6L V6
6 speed manual
Hydro Blue Exterior
Black Cloth Interior
Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
Gorilla Glass Windshield
Cold Weather Group
Safety Group
Anti-Spin Differential
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Soft top window storage bag, cheaper than buying it after. It's on the Jeep site, but don't remember the option when we made the order.

At least on Build and Price, it won't let you choose manual and LSD.

OP
OP
QwikKotaTx

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soft top window storage bag, cheaper than buying it after. It's on the Jeep site, but don't remember the option when we made the order.

At least on Build and Price, it won't let you choose manual and LSD.
Thanks. I saw the same but the dealer added the limited slip to the quote and did not say not available. That makes no sense to not have it available.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks. I saw the same but the dealer added the limited slip to the quote and did not say not available. That makes no sense to not have it available.
Dealers configurator will be right, that's great you can get it.

I know the LED package is expensive, but the LED head lights are significantly better than any halogens we've had in the past. At least worth a thought.

The Mopar grab handles are nice, but you can get those for about the same price later if you decide you need them.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I 2nd the LED package. Well worth it. I also like the Alpine sound package.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

I would skip the gorrilla glass, over priced and no real proof it is better than just standard windshield.

Alpine is nicely standard now.

I would 3rd LEDs.

OP
OP
QwikKotaTx

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The LED lights are one of the things I would like but the $1500 option is hard to swallow.

I believe the 8.4" screen and Alpine system are included with the Sahara model. I have that setup in my Ram and love it.

Deleted member 59498

Yep they are finally standard on 2022!

If you don't do much night driving maybe will not matter. But I have seen some of the better quality after markets cost just about as much as just getting them from the factory.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
The LED lights are one of the things I would like but the $1500 option is hard to swallow.
FWIW, we have 2 Wranglers in our family, my SOs '20 JLU and my daughters '22 JL. The JL has the LEDs and the JLU does not. Unbelievable how much different the two are to drive at night. We bought the '20 used so I didn't have any say in the matter, but I think I'll be upgrading the headlights on it, that's how good the LEDs are. Night and day difference.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I would definitely invest in the LED package. If night time clarity is important to you and your wife, get that package. It’s well worth it.

Sponsored

pepeborja

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep TJ, 2012 Acura MDX, 2017 BMW i3
Sounds like a good build... Two things on my mind.

1. Winter package is nice but is also expensive at $845 MSRP. It is worth having in the northern latitudes where temps go in the 30's for more than a few months and can be put to a good use. On the other hand if the wife says get it... well we get it. It is a nice luxury item to have and a nice treat.

2. The Safety Group is good to have for added security since the rig will have many drivers but also because it comes with LED Tail lights. That means you have the option to skip the $1595 LED package and upgrade the front lights on your own. Plenty of great options out there.

OP
OP
QwikKotaTx

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a good build... Two things on my mind.

1. Winter package is nice but is also expensive at $845 MSRP. It is worth having in the northern latitudes where temps go in the 30's for more than a few months and can be put to a good use. On the other hand if the wife says get it... well we get it. It is a nice luxury item to have and a nice treat.

2. The Safety Group is good to have for added security since the rig will have many drivers but also because it comes with LED Tail lights. That means you have the option to skip the $1595 LED package and upgrade the front lights on your own. Plenty of great options out there.
We like heated seats for back pain and what not. I'm trying to keep any important options or features she has on her 4Runner on the Jeep but it's a 2010 base model so nothing too special. I have modified it with a touch screen/rear cam and a sub but the Alpine is way better not to mention the backup camera.

Interesting, I didn't know the safety group had different tail lights. Can the OEM LED headlights be installed without splicing in to the factory wiring?

ETA: I watched a video of the upgrade. Requires dealer programming to make certain features work and I am ordering from an out of town dealer. Whenever I do that the local one makes a stink about helping me out. Besides, it's the Wife's money!

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

We like heated seats for back pain and what not.
I live in Texas but take road trips a lot and this is 100% why I got the winter package, lol. Can confirm that it works really great for that. The heated steering wheel is just a nice bonus.

OP
OP
QwikKotaTx

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Texas but take road trips a lot and this is 100% why I got the winter package, lol. Can confirm that it works really great for that. The heated steering wheel is just a nice bonus.
I ain't no spring chicken. This is one of my vehicles, it's spoiled me with the Laramie options.

Ram-Lake-Sig.jpg
Sponsored