Sponsored

Sagging due to weight: Spacer lift question

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon AEV Outfitted
Hey guys and gals, hoping I can use your brilliant/experienced minds to answer my question(s)

I have been doing a ton of reading and could not find any information on this nor anyone has actually tried this

Context: I have a Rubicon with AEV tire carrier and Maximus roof rack that have made the rear droop. The difference is 1.75 inches of droop in the rear versus the front(measured from the ground and center of the wheel to right where the fender starts). I am not a rock crawler and solely do trails and overland so I will not be getting a lift.

Can I just add a rear teraflex 1.5 rear spacer and add longer bump stops WITHOUT adding any type of spacer in the front?

I have read about people running small spacer lift in either front or rear to level height out but I wasn't able to find anything on 1.5-2 inch of spacer to be in the rear only.
Will I run into any issues only running 1.5 inch spacer on just the rear to level it out?

The kit I am looking to buy but obviously only use the rears. I also wish Teraflex had a .25 inch spacer that I can stack to even it out completely at 1.75 but 1.5 inch spacer lift will have to do unless anyone has ever done something to add more height.

Thanks in advanced!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You shouldn't need extra bump extension, just a note, those are jounce bumpers in the TF kit which don't really impact the stop point of the bump stop.

OP
OP
JLR_AEV

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You shouldn't need extra bump extension, just a note, those are jounce bumpers in the TF kit which don't really impact the stop point of the bump stop.
Ahh gotcha! Good to know

Do you know if its possible to shave down spacers? If I were to get the 1.5 and .5 inch spacers can I safely shave the .5 spacer down to .25?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLR_AEV

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa! These are great! Just what I was looking for. Thank you sooo much @GATORB8

Now it leads me to the next question: Would I be able to incorporate the MetalCloak spacers with the Teraflex spacers. I did do some reading that it wasn't great to mix and match different spacers.
I search Googe and the forum and didn't find anything on the metalcloack spacer install to see if its used with other spacers.

OP
OP
JLR_AEV

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Whoa! These are great! Just what I was looking for. Thank you sooo much @GATORB8

Now it leads me to the next question: Would I be able to incorporate the MetalCloak spacers with the Teraflex spacers. I did do some reading that it wasn't great to mix and match different spacers.
I search Googe and the forum and didn't find anything on the metalcloack spacer install to see if its used with other spacers.
Forgot the TF spacers are nub indexed like the stockers. Would need to cut the nub off for the MC thing spacers to work.

OP
OP
JLR_AEV

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot the TF spacers are nub indexed like the stockers. Would need to cut the nub off for the MC thing spacers to work.
Gotcha!

I was looking at the Teraflex video for install it seems the MC spacers can be installed in between the TF spacer and the spring isolator? Or I can leave the nub on the spring isolator and drill a hole on the MC spacers to properly and safely seat the isolator into both the MC and TF spacer 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Sagging due to weight: Spacer lift question 1650316453921

4x13

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR, 2017 WK2 Limited
Did you end up installing the MC spacers in between TF and bucket? I'm in the same boat and was thinking about the same solution. Curious which way you ended up going

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLR_AEV

JLR_AEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up installing the MC spacers in between TF and bucket? I'm in the same boat and was thinking about the same solution. Curious which way you ended up going
I did install them but not as the post originally mentioned or suggested. And thank god I didn't haha
I called MC and they mentioned they go at the bottom of the spring.

Teraflex Spacer
Spring
MC spacer at the very bottom

Hopefully that makes sense 👍

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Gotcha!

I was looking at the Teraflex video for install it seems the MC spacers can be installed in between the TF spacer and the spring isolator? Or I can leave the nub on the spring isolator and drill a hole on the MC spacers to properly and safely seat the isolator into both the MC and TF spacer 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Sagging due to weight: Spacer lift question 1650316453921
When using the Metalcloak shims up front they go into the bucket first, then the isolator or lift/spacer and finally the spring

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MetalCloak makes a shim kit for the front and rear due to the passenger side lean from the fuel tank and other accessories. I had to add them to the passenger side front and rear of my 392 XR to get it level side to side

4x13

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR XR, 2017 WK2 Limited
MetalCloak makes a shim kit for the front and rear due to the passenger side lean from the fuel tank and other accessories. I had to add them to the passenger side front and rear of my 392 XR to get it level side to side
Do you have a picture that shows how it's installed? Apparently MC doesnt provide install instructions for the 1/8" spacers.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you have a picture that shows how it's installed? Apparently MC doesnt provide install instructions for the 1/8" spacers.
I spoke with them and also watched some of their videos
Sponsored