millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
2021 JLUR on order... sky one touch top and steel bumper group.

Getting new wheels KMC holeshot 17x8.5 +34 offset and BFG ko2 315/70/17 tires put on by dealer. They are giving me $1200 credit for my takeoffs.

I am trying to figure out if I will have any sag and should I get a level kit/spacer done when they do the tires. Not doing a winch any time soon. Thinking sky top is lighter than hard top and will have weight of new wheel/tire + steel bumper on back vs steel bumper on front.

What do you all think?
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're fine.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think you're fine.
I have looked at hundreds of pics and just keep second guessing myself. I definitely don’t want the front ending up higher than the back.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So steel group means it comes with steel bumpers from factory, so it will have stiffer springs to support the steel. Your wheels and tires are unsprung weight, so they wont make it sag.

Do your research. there are more things you should know before going oversize tires that would affect handling and reliability more than a bit of sagging....

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So steel group means it comes with steel bumpers from factory, so it will have stiffer springs to support the steel. Your wheels and tires are unsprung weight, so they wont make it sag.

Do your research. there are more things you should know before going oversize tires that would affect handling and reliability more than a bit of sagging....
Have done all that research. I am good on my wheel and tire choice. Just wa
You’re not adding any weight that would make it sag. Why would you think sagging would be an issue?
Spending way too much time on here. Thought I would be fine but just needed some of you guys to verify.
Sponsored