Sponsored

Safety Recall Alert! Fuel Supply Hose Leak. 2020 Jeep Models.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
Mine is waiting at the dealership as well. I took it this morning for the inspection. They could not order parts until after the inspection, so I will have to pick mine up until the parts arrive. This is such a new recall (and narrow scope) that the service tech didn't know a fix was published yet. I was more shocked that Carfax emailed me about it before anyone else did.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
My is waiting at the dealership as well. I took it this morning for the inspection. They could not order parts until after the inspection, so I will have to pick mine up until the parts arrive. This is such a new recall (and narrow scope) that the service tech didn't know a fix was published yet. I was more shocked that Carfax emailed me about it before anyone else did.
It has taken a month to get the replacement part. The part finally came this week. I should get my Jeep back this week.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: I just got home from the dealer. My vehicle passed the inspection meaning the specific fuel parts on my vehicle are not the recall list. While my vehicle was manufactured during the window, the parts on my vehicle were different from the ones in the recall.

Good luck with your Jeep!

OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Update: I just got home from the dealer. My vehicle passed the inspection meaning the specific fuel parts on my vehicle are not the recall list. While my vehicle was manufactured during the window, the parts on my vehicle were different from the ones in the recall.

Oh Good. Be glad to get it back.

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod

Hope I am in the same boat. I'll find out on the 28th.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My recall notice from FCA arrived yesterday. Glad I got the inspection taken care of earlier. I hope those impacted have a quick turn around.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Took mine in this morning for inspection. Said it needs to be replaced. Ordering parts.

Finnley

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Is anyone else experiencing the fuel smell (inside and outside the cabin) even after this repair was done? It has been over a week for me and I was hoping the smell would dissipate but, if anything, it has gotten stronger.

OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Is anyone else experiencing the fuel smell (inside and outside the cabin) even after this repair was done? It has been over a week for me and I was hoping the smell would dissipate but, if anything, it has gotten stronger.
No. Once they replaced that part I haven’t had any problems.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good to know. I’m taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.
Hi Finnley,
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Jeep Cares
Sponsored