Safety Recall Alert! 2020 Jeep Wrangler Fuel Supply Line

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Mine goes in this Saturday. Hoping for a nice, clean one-and-done repair.
Sponsored

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
Had mine done yesterday. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Everything seems good, though I wasn't experiencing any faults with the recalled fuel line beforehand.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Dropped off jeep at 830am - was done by 10:15. No issues so far. Rairdons of Marysville in Washington.

Last edited:

J. Creeper

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I got a slightly used 2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara in June. Noticed gas odour from time to time coming from somewhere around the car & also while sitting inside. Took it to the dealership for 7500 mile service in July & told them & they said yeah we can smell fuel but should be fine & nothing to worry. Took it to the dealership for 15000 mile service October & told them the same fuel leak issue & they said they’ll look into it & kept the Jeep for 2-3 days & didn’t even check anything & I picked it up as needed it for travel.
Have been twice to the dealership, called them 2-3 times & no response. Finally complaint with the Mopar Service & also NHTSA website and thought I’d write about it here on this forum so I could get help.

Ok, got an appointment to take it to the dealership on Monday 8th & they said it’ll take 7-10 days! What am I suppose to do without a vehicle for 7-10 days! :(
I’ve smelled gas as well on my 2020 Rubicon and was told no codes showed anything was wrong. Did you ever find out was causing the gas smell ?

AK0103

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2.0L

Sponsored

J. Creeper

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Take it to your nearby dealer, it’s a recall & they’ll change the fuel line supply connector that’s cracked & leaking fuel.
https://www.motorsafety.org/stellantis-recalls-2020-jeep-wranglers-over-risk-of-fuel-leak/
The dealership had me thinking I was crazy. My Jeep is kept in the garage which holds any type of smells that my Jeep may produce, so I knew it was gas because the smell was strong. When my JL was leaking coolant in my garage one time it had the inside of my house smelling like a sweet chemical.

I’m really shocked I haven’t received an email about this recall:asshat:

Thank you for the link!

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@JeepCares Well my wife's 2020 JLU with the 2.0 isn't on the recall list and we are on vacation with it and it's spewing gas all over the place. I'm trying every dealer service department in the area to see if they can help me out but none of them will answer the damn phone. Trying to talk with someone in roadside assistance but they want to know where I want the vehicle towed to, but I can't answer that until I talk with a service advisor. My vacation is ruined now.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
@JeepCares Well my wife's 2020 JLU with the 2.0 isn't on the recall list and we are on vacation with it and it's spewing gas all over the place. I'm trying every dealer service department in the area to see if they can help me out but none of them will answer the damn phone. Trying to talk with someone in roadside assistance but they want to know where I want the vehicle towed to, but I can't answer that until I talk with a service advisor. My vacation is ruined now.
You never received a recall notice?

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
You never received a recall notice?
Nope and I checked to see if it has an open recall and it doesn't. When I went to start it it cranked for about 10 seconds and then started, I started smelling gas and thought it was unburned gas from cranking. I went back to the house to get our ski gear to start loading it and that's when I noticed gas pouring from under the Jeep. I guess we got really lucky that it didn't catch fire.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Nope and I checked to see if it has an open recall and it doesn't. When I went to start it it cranked for about 10 seconds and then started, I started smelling gas and thought it was unburned gas from cranking. I went back to the house to get our ski gear to start loading it and that's when I noticed gas pouring from under the Jeep. I guess we got really lucky that it didn't catch fire.
I’m glad you’re ok. That could have been a bad situation. I had a fuel line failure before the recall…they addressed very quickly. Good luck with your fix…

Sponsored

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’m glad you’re ok. That could have been a bad situation. I had a fuel line failure before the recall…they addressed very quickly. Good luck with your fix…
Thanks, I got it to a local dealer who said they would look at it today.

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Dealer says the fuel supply line failed. New line is supposed to be delivered today, hopefully we will have it back today or Monday since we have to leave for home on Monday. It was not part of the recall.
Sponsored

Last edited: