First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Dropped my Jeep for the inspection for the fuel line last week. Prior to dropping off, I specifically asked the service advisor if the parts were in stock. He indeed said they were. When I dropped it off, I asked the service advisor again and he was hesitant. Told me even if he needed to order the part, the Jeep should be done by Mon or Tuesday (today). Got a call today that it's on backorder and it won't be done until November. Asked for my car back and they said it is inoperable. Glad to know that i'm paying for a Rubicon and driving around in a Compass. Call is in with Jeep Wave. :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Dropped my Jeep for the inspection for the fuel line last week. Prior to dropping off, I specifically asked the service advisor if the parts were in stock. He indeed said they were. When I dropped it off, I asked the service advisor again and he was hesitant. Told me even if he needed to order the part, the Jeep should be done by Mon or Tuesday (today). Got a call today that it's on backorder and it won't be done until November. Asked for my car back and they said it is inoperable. Glad to know that i'm paying for a Rubicon and driving around in a Compass. Call is in with Jeep Wave. :headbang:
Get confortable. It took a month to get mine back.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi omega145,
Please follow up with us via PM. We would be happy to look into this for you.

Rob
Jeep Cares

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Took mine in today for oil change and tire rotation knowing it had open recall. They checked it and ordered parts. Told me they would call when parts came in and I could bring it back then to be taken care of.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Took mine in today for oil change and tire rotation knowing it had open recall. They checked it and ordered parts. Told me they would call when parts came in and I could bring it back then to be taken care of.
That is great to hear, jg45. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if the call into Jeep Cares put pressure on the dealership but the early November time frame turned into the part coming in yesterday and me picking up my Jeep today. Kind of silly that you need to complain in order to get quicker service but happy to have my Jeep back.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just got my safety recall letter in the mail today. What's funny is that I actually already brought my Jeep in a couple of months ago due to this issue.

It was immediately after the dealership changed my oil and rotated my tires. When I brought it back in and told them of the issue (smell of gas, slow to start), the service rep came out to me during the visit to argue with me stating that "there was dirt under my car so clearly I off-road" and that was the cause of the issue, not the recent oil change. After a long argument and me walking up to every picture in the dealership showing pictures of wranglers on everything but pavement, he said the dealership would fix it "as a favor." I've yet to find a Jeep dealership that doesn't suck.
I had to go to @JeepCares to get a TSB done. They referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares. They were so helpful. AND they recommended I change dealerships. I went to the dealership recommended and the work was done perfectly. It ws for the steering gear change.

Point is I found a good dealership after contacting @JeepCares and FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care.

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Took mine in for the recall - they ordered parts. We will see how long it takes for them to come in. They said mine wasn't leaking and it was safe to drive until the part arrives.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Not sure if the call into Jeep Cares put pressure on the dealership but the early November time frame turned into the part coming in yesterday and me picking up my Jeep today. Kind of silly that you need to complain in order to get quicker service but happy to have my Jeep back.
I had to go to @JeepCares to get a TSB done. They referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Cares. They were so helpful. AND they recommended I change dealerships. I went to the dealership recommended and the work was done perfectly. It ws for the steering gear change.

Point is I found a good dealership after contacting @JeepCares and FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care.
Hi 2mnycars and omega145,
Glad to hear we could help!

Rob
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Took mine in for the recall - they ordered parts. We will see how long it takes for them to come in. They said mine wasn't leaking and it was safe to drive until the part arrives.
Hi johnnyj,
Glad to hear you are working with your dealer for this concern. Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, feel free to send us a PM.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Got the call yesterday that the part had come in. Took it in this morning and dropped it off. 2 hours later, got call the the work was completed. Took almost a month to get the parts in, but at least it's done now.

AK0103

First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2.0L
I got a slightly used 2020 Wrangler JLU Sahara in June. Noticed gas odour from time to time coming from somewhere around the car & also while sitting inside. Took it to the dealership for 7500 mile service in July & told them & they said yeah we can smell fuel but should be fine & nothing to worry. Took it to the dealership for 15000 mile service October & told them the same fuel leak issue & they said theyā€™ll look into it & kept the Jeep for 2-3 days & didnā€™t even check anything & I picked it up as needed it for travel.
Have been twice to the dealership, called them 2-3 times & no response. Finally complaint with the Mopar Service & also NHTSA website and thought Iā€™d write about it here on this forum so I could get help.

Ok, got an appointment to take it to the dealership on Monday 8th & they said itā€™ll take 7-10 days! What am I suppose to do without a vehicle for 7-10 days! :(

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
What am I suppose to do without a vehicle for 7-10 days! :(
No loaner option? A local dealership had a mine for 4 days but I made sure to drop it off when they had a loaner available. They had given me a time frame of a month but I called Jeep Cares and they must have put the pressure on the dealership to get the part and do the repair. See my posts above.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Ok, got an appointment to take it to the dealership on Monday 8th & they said itā€™ll take 7-10 days! What am I suppose to do without a vehicle for 7-10 days! :(
It doesn't take 7-10 days to replace the fuel line. It may take them that long to order the part and get it to their dealership so tell them to contact you when they HAVE the parts needed to do the work and you will drop it off for one day.

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
Dropped mine off this morning. Said should be back today.

Update: Got it back. All good.
Sponsored

Last edited: