First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
My 2020 Jeep JL is currently at the dealership waiting on a replacement fuel hose. I started smelling gas odor coming from the air vents when the vehicle was sitting still. Here’s a link for the recall. Be on the look out.
https://www.autoevolution.com/pdf/n...cracked-fuel-supply-line-connector-168358.pdf
Surprised I don't see more discussions of this on the forum unless I'm not looking in the right place. Checked the "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls" section and didn't see nothing there either.
Might want to consider dropping a thread there as well.
Bringing my 2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0T in for the recall next Friday. I don't have any odor but they will check to see if the date code falls in the replacement range or if its missing a date code than they'll go ahead and replace it anyway (according to the service person I spoke with).

OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Surprised I don't see more discussions of this on the forum unless I'm not looking in the right place. Checked the "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls" section and didn't see nothing there either.
Bringing my 2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0T in for the recall next Friday. I don't have any odor but they will check to see if the date code falls in the replacement range or if its missing a date code than they'll go ahead and replace it anyway (according to the service person I spoke with).
Just to give you a heads up. My Jeep has been at the dealership for month waiting on the replacement part. Ridiculous. Hopefully yours goes faster. The recall said they were going to let the public know at October 15.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Just to give you a heads up. My Jeep has been at the dealership for month waiting on the replacement part. Ridiculous. Hopefully yours goes faster. The recall said they were going to let the public know at October 15.
That's super disappointing. I asked when I made the appointment and the guy told me that they had the part in stock. Hope he's right. Has the dealership given you a rental for this long?

OP
OP

Lonewolf22056

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
That's super disappointing. I asked when I made the appointment and the guy told me that they had the part in stock. Hope he's right. Has the dealership given you a rental for this long?
Yes. They gave me a rental car. I live in central North Carolina. Nobody around here had the part.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi Lonewolf22056 and omega145
Please feel free to keep us updated regarding your situation. If we can be of any additional support while your vehicle is in service, we're just a PM away.

Rob
Jeep Cares

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Thankfully mine was not in that date range

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
Thankfully mine was not in that date range
Kind of embarrassed as I think I knew once how to do this, but how do you verify build date? My Jeep is close for sure.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Kind of embarrassed as I think I knew once how to do this, but how do you verify build date? My Jeep is close for sure.
Call Jeep @ 1-800-853-1403 with your VIN # and they can tell you. I'd also recommend setting up your account at this site which would also tell you if its affected:
https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html
Another option is to just call your local dealer directly and they can tell if your VIN # is impacted.

Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I can’t find the thread now but I wonder if this is the culprit for the guys whose Jeep just burned down in his driveway recently.

edit: Found it.

However, his was a 2018, but it did have the 2.0T.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I can’t find the thread now but I wonder if this is the culprit for the guys whose Jeep just burned down in his driveway recently.

edit: Found it.

However, his was a 2018, but it did have the 2.0T.
Nope - it only affects about 14,000 units built in early 2020….my 2020 Recon had the defect which was fixed a couple of months ago. Mine was out of service for two days awaiting parts. Glad I was able to get it fixed so quickly….sounds like there is a part shortage now….

A Sober Animal

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Clubs

I just got my safety recall letter in the mail today. What's funny is that I actually already brought my Jeep in a couple of months ago due to this issue.

It was immediately after the dealership changed my oil and rotated my tires. When I brought it back in and told them of the issue (smell of gas, slow to start), the service rep came out to me during the visit to argue with me stating that "there was dirt under my car so clearly I off-road" and that was the cause of the issue, not the recent oil change. After a long argument and me walking up to every picture in the dealership showing pictures of wranglers on everything but pavement, he said the dealership would fix it "as a favor." I've yet to find a Jeep dealership that doesn't suck.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
It is there.

2.0L Recall Notice (not due to engine)
Sponsored