2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
This description of Safety Group features is from the Jeep website
  • ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
  • Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection
  • LED Taillamps
  • Injection Molded Black Rear Bumper
Look at the last item. Does this imply a plastic rear bumper no matter what? What about OEM steel bumper?
Sponsored

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
This description of Safety Group features is from the Jeep website
  • ParkSense® Rear Park Assist System
  • Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection
  • LED Taillamps
  • Injection Molded Black Rear Bumper
Look at the last item. Does this imply a plastic rear bumper no matter what? What about OEM steel bumper?
I have both. You can get the safety group with the steel bumper, if you also order the steel bumper upgrade. The description you reference simply means that the Parksense sensors, without the steel bumper upgrade, are installed in the stock plastic rear bumper.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I have both. You can get the safety group with the steel bumper, if you also order the steel bumper upgrade. The description you reference simply means that the Parksense sensors, without the steel bumper upgrade, are installed in the stock plastic rear bumper.
This. You can have either or both. The safety group comes with standard bumpers or you can upgrade to steel bumpers and have the safety group added.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Thanks for the quick responses. I want both, and I couldn't imagine still charging me $1,395 and then just giving me a steel front bumper. That 4th bullet point ("injection molded...") serves no purpose whatsoever.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
That 4th bullet point ("injection molded...") serves no purpose whatsoever.
This may change but on the JLU Sport/Sport S, the steel bumpers are not a factory option.

However, since the safety group includes the rear sensors in the bumper, Jeep had to make it known that the rear bumper, although plastic, is not the same as the standard plastic bumper.

Since it sounds like you’re optioning a Rubicon, you have nothing to be alarmed about in regards to a steel rear bumper with rear sensors.

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
Thanks for the quick responses. I want both, and I couldn't imagine still charging me $1,395 and then just giving me a steel front bumper. That 4th bullet point ("injection molded...") serves no purpose whatsoever.
I agree. I think toothbrushes are injection molded, along with most of the plastic stuff we buy. Not a selling point for me.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The Safety Group sensors are built into the rear bumper; there are no sensors built into the front bumper —in North America at least.

I think that description is just a poorly worded attempt to indicate that the rear bumper has sensors in it.
Sponsored