Sponsored

Safety Group instead of Advanced Safety Group?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I would order it again for value reasons but won’t ever use it again after one incident.
I was on a major highway and the road went into an “S” pattern. I was in the right lane and there was a bus in the middle lane ahead of me. We’re driving I’d guess in the high 40’s maybe 50 mph. The bus hits the turn 1st making my Jeep think I’m about to run into it. It’s amazing how fast our brains work because as my Jeep was stopping so hard that the seatbelt kept my chest from hitting the steering wheel, all I could think about was I hope the person behind me isn’t too close. I shut it off (Forward Collision Warning) forever on my next stop.
I do love the back out blind spot warnings though.
Sponsored

ATOMIKCHIC

First Name
LISA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JEEP UNLIMITED
HI,

Not-so-soon to be Jeep owner here. I ordered a Sahara HA about 10 days ago. Trying to gain clearer understanding of the safety group features. Is it correct that there is no cruise control in the safety group - only in the ASG?
I ordered the safety group only. Thanks!!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Trying to gain clearer understanding of the safety group features. Is it correct that there is no cruise control in the safety group - only in the ASG?
I ordered the safety group only. Thanks!!
Safety Group is only blind spot, park assist sensors, and LED tail lamps. Check out the packages on the build site.

ATOMIKCHIC

First Name
LISA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JEEP UNLIMITED
Safety Group is only blind spot, park assist sensors, and LED tail lamps. Check out the packages on the build site.
I did, but was still uncertain, which is why I posed the question here.
That sucks. I like cruise control, but not enough to pay the extra for the ASG. Thanks!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I did, but was still uncertain, which is why I posed the question here.
That sucks. I like cruise control, but not enough to pay the extra for the ASG. Thanks!
After having it in my lease, I can't see driving anything else now. To me, it's more handy than not having it with more idiots on the road. Just like the passive entry, I was so glad they made it a standard feature.

Sponsored

ATOMIKCHIC

First Name
LISA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JEEP UNLIMITED
After having it in my lease, I can't see driving anything else now. To me, it's more handy than not having it with more idiots on the road. Just like the passive entry, I was so glad they made it a standard feature.
Passive entry? What's that? I wonder if I can modify my order since it's still early. I think cruise control should be a standard at this price point.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Passive entry? What's that? I wonder if I can modify my order since it's still early. I think cruise control should be a standard at this price point.
I took delivery on a JLUR in April and I got neither of the safety features. I still have cruise control.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Passive is the button on the door handle that will unlock or lock your doors without needed to press the remote buttons or use a key, it uses the RFID chip in the key fob. I believe it is standard on Saharas and Rubicons.

I was talking about adaptive cruise control, it will speed up or slow down depending on the distance you set when you set cruise control.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I didn't read through all of the posts, but I have cruise & I don't have the adaptive cruise, so I don't think I have the advanced safety group. I have a 21 JLU Sport S. Had it for 6 months. I'll see if I can find the sticker.

ATOMIKCHIC

First Name
LISA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JEEP UNLIMITED
Passive is the button on the door handle that will unlock or lock your doors without needed to press the remote buttons or use a key, it uses the RFID chip in the key fob. I believe it is standard on Saharas and Rubicons.

I was talking about adaptive cruise control, it will speed up or slow down depending on the distance you set when you set cruise control.
Ohhh, I get it now. So this adaptive is a fancy [ier] version of cruise control, yes? The safety group does have cruise control, just not the adaptive thing, correct? I appreciate your input!!!

Sponsored

RDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLURD; '19 E450 Wagon; '21 R1250RS
Build Thread
Link
I purposely bypast the ASG. I love driving and paying attention. If you need some device to tell you that you have moved out of your lane, stay off the road. Take an Uber!
What I hear: "Back in my day, I didn't need a seatbelt. I paid attention when I drove and never needed it."

C'mon, advances in technology to improve safety are all good. Sure, some bugs have been sorted and will continue to be sorted out. I whole-heartedly hope no one has a lapse in attention when driving or that someone doesn't pull out in front of someone unexpectedly. If so, this system could help.

I'm turning 51 in a few months and (knock on wood) I've never been in an automobile or motorcycle accident. When driving home a couple years back in my previous automobile which had this feature, I was merging onto the highway in a zipper format. As I was doing my last minute over-the-left-shoulder look into my blind spot to ensure there was still room for me to merge, a dog ran out onto the highway three cars up. The three cars in front of me slammed on their brakes. *Just* I was able to process what was going on, my C-Class had already pulled the seatbelt tight to hold me in place and planted the brakes to the floor. Zero contact. Those in front of me were not as lucky.

While I never would have ordered a car with that system, I was thankful for the time and hassle the system saved me from that day.

As for me, I ordered my Rubi with the Advance Safety package because I often need to be on the highway for long periods of time. I love adaptive cruise control on those long stretches of highway with little traffic. When there's decent traffic, I hate cruise control in any format (adaptive or not). But, the $795 upgrade for me was worth it for ACC only with the collision avoidance as a perk.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I didn't read through all of the posts, but I have cruise & I don't have the adaptive cruise, so I don't think I have the advanced safety group. I have a 21 JLU Sport S. Had it for 6 months. I'll see if I can find the sticker.
If your interior looks like this you, have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Safety Group instead of Advanced Safety Group? 1639945176902

If it looks like this, you do not have it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Safety Group instead of Advanced Safety Group? 1639945279560

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ohhh, I get it now. So this adaptive is a fancy [ier] version of cruise control, yes? The safety group does have cruise control, just not the adaptive thing, correct? I appreciate your input!!!
Yes to the fancy part.

Safety group isn't related to cruise control. It is only the passive sensors for blind spot monitoring, cross traffic warning, backing up, and the fancier LED tail lights. Cruise control is standard across all models.

ATOMIKCHIC

First Name
LISA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JEEP UNLIMITED
Yes to the fancy part.

Safety group isn't related to cruise control. It is only the passive sensors for blind spot monitoring, cross traffic warning, backing up, and the fancier LED tail lights. Cruise control is standard across all models.
Mine will look like your second pic. I don't have that. I completely understand!! Thanks again!!

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
If your interior looks like this you, have it.

If it looks like this, you do not have it.
Then I do NOT have it. Thanks. So, whoever was asking about having cruise control, I HAVE cruise control.
Sponsored